What's new

Fair Prices for Klipsch? (1 Viewer)

JohnnyN

Stunt Coordinator
How much do Klipsch SB-2 usually go for? There's a store by my house that has em for $200 a pop, I've heard good things about Klipsch in general but I'm not sure about this model.

Regards,

Johnny

DanaA

Screenwriter
Hi Johnny,

I bought a Klipsch RC-3 center channel from a place on ebay. They were sent promptly. When I decided I wanted to get the bookshelf reference RB 5 ii, I checked out Good Guys, which sells them for $849. With a handful of online ads selling them for less, I was only able to get them down to $749, even though I tried at 3 different Good Guys. I called up the ebay company where I got the RC-3 and they quoted me $550 plus $40 shipping. They were very nice and told me that they are authorized dealers of Klipsch and that all of the stuff they sell is grade A stock. As with any ebay company, you are taking your chances, but they came through the first time and had high reviews there, so I didn't hesitate ordering from them again. One final note, because I wanted a color not in stock at Good Guys, the salesman told me that, if I didn't like them for any reason, their would be a 50% restocking fee. Email me if you want the particular company I'm dealing with. Again, there is some risk, although I've been completely satisfied with them so far.

JohnnyN

Stunt Coordinator
so about $590 for a pair of RC-3? How do these compare to B&W DM602 S2? They are roughly the same size and I can get the B&W for slightly cheaper. I am really pleased with the 601 S2. I wish I could audition the klipsch at home I have heard nothing but good reviews of them.

Ron_C

Agent
DanaA, i would be interested in that company you are dealing with. I tried to e-mail you through your profile, but it said you had it so we couldn't. So you post the name here or e-mail me at [email protected]
Thanks!

DanaA

Screenwriter
Johnny,

That's the RB-5ii's for that price. You can hear them at Good Guys. As for the B&W's, I have heard them, but not enough to comment. It was not on a side by side basis. I do know that the RB-5ii's sound absolutely amazing to me.

Ron,

I'll get the info right out to you.

DanaA

Screenwriter
That's great Ron. Hope it works out. As I said, I ordered my RC-3ii from them and they came through with flying colors. So, at this point, I have great faith in them, especially after talking with them on the phone a couple of times, but you always have to be wary. I'd hate for them not to come through for either you or I this time, but I don't believe that will be the case at all (knock on wood). In any regard, I've spent thousands at places like ebay this last few months and haven't had one bad experience yet (again, knock on wood). I always check out their evaluations and ask questions which I feel need to be asked. And, I've saved a lot of money on things that I really wanted. Let me know how it works out for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks