What's new

Exciting and new Love Boat season 3 release coming from CBS (1 Viewer)

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Plus normally when they try to cover up a log, it is usually dark enough to see the outline of it, even with a blur. Her shirt appeared to be a basic white short sleeve shirt.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
5 months, and no word about season 4. I really hope someone like Shout Factory gets the rights to this, and finish it. The later seasons are some of the best!

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I don't know if you recall, but it was roughly 7 years and 5 months between announcements last time.
I'm aware. My message was meant in hopes that someone at a studio, or label somewhere reads it.
I don't want to wait another 7 and a half years before the next season is released.

JayHink

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Perhaps we will get a new season of Love Boat every 6 years.

I suppose that's better than not at all, right? Our grand kids can add those later seasons to their inherited collections, yeah? :)

In the meantime, here are reviews of the sets thus far, including one for Season 3, from Paul Mavis.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I'm just not going to think about The Love Boat, Happy Days, Gunsmoke, or Bonanza anymore. I'm finally done caring what CBS has planned, or more like what they don't.

JayHink

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Well this is sort of fitting for the thread.

I've been a lifelong subscriber to Entertainment Weekly and I never thought I'd see this -- an ad for TV on DVD from CBS. It's this week's issue, the annual Fall TV Preview issue.

EW CBS DVD ad.jpg

Glad to see they found some money in the ad budget to do it in a major publication, especially with DVD long off the radar of these companies' marketing efforts.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr

I've been a lifelong subscriber to Entertainment Weekly and I never thought I'd see this -- an ad for TV on DVD from CBS. It's this week's issue, the annual Fall TV Preview issue.

View attachment 40580
Glad to see they found some money in the ad budget to do it in a major publication, especially with DVD long off the radar of these companies' marketing efforts.

The season 1 set of the revived MacGyver is conspicuously absent from the photo.

Heh

:)

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Nice ad but where are the classics? Where's Perry Mason, Beverly Hillbillies, I Love Lucy, Brady Bunch, Andy Griffith? You get the idea. There should be equal time between current shows and the classics. Let's see in a decade which ones of those current shows will earn the right to be called 'classic'!

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Wonder who the demographic is for a paper periodical like Entertainment Weekly.

JayHink

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Nice ad but where are the classics? Where's Perry Mason, Beverly Hillbillies, I Love Lucy, Brady Bunch, Andy Griffith? You get the idea. There should be equal time between current shows and the classics. Let's see in a decade which ones of those current shows will earn the right to be called 'classic'!

I hear ya Charles, and I noticed that, too. I just hadn't seen an ad in a periodical for DVD (especially TV-on-DVD!) for what felt like years! So at least there was that.

The season 1 set of the revived MacGyver is conspicuously absent from the photo.

:)

Did MacGyver get picked up for a second season?

And good question about the EW demo...Entertainment Weekly is certainly not the magazine it was when I first started reading it as a high school freshman in 1990, but I've continued to subscribe all these years later. I can't imagine anyone in the millennial age bracket interested in flipping through those pages (made of paper) every week.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Did MacGyver get picked up for a second season?

It did. New season 2 episodes start next week.

And good question about the EW demo...Entertainment Weekly is certainly not the magazine it was when I first started reading it as a high school freshman in 1990, but I've continued to subscribe all these years later. I can't imagine anyone in the millennial age bracket interested in flipping through those pages (made of paper) every week.

Nowadays I don't subscribe to any paper periodicals anymore. (Not even comic books).

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason

Yeah, it was interesting to see a DVD ad in the mag this week. Of course, I've only watched 2 of the shows they are pushing in the ad, and even then I don't collect either of them on DVD. I'd have been more excited if the ad had been advertising new releases from The Love Boat or Beverly Hillbillies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ybmsmoke107
Recent bookmarks