What's new

Excellent but possibly impossible suggestion for "software for sale" forum :) (1 Viewer)

Jim A. Banville

Supporting Actor
I really get tired of wading through each and every thread in the "software for sale" forum for titles I'm interested in. What would be great is if an application existed on this forum where there was a list of every DVD title (perhaps they could be cut and pasted from a list already in existence via an on-line retailer) in a quasi-spreadsheet format. The seller would then simply put in the price they want for their copy of a particular DVD along with a few codes like "SE" for Special Edition, "N" for new, "A-WS" for anamorphic widescreen, etc. Each title would have the capability of having multiple listings. Each individual listing would also be a hyperlink (I think that's what you call it) to the seller's e-mail address. Just click on the price and description of the listing you are interested in and a mail document pops up with the e-mail address of the seller and subject line containing the title you are interested in. Just fill in a short message and press send. When a deal is struck, the seller can remove his listing. Is this an impossible idea?

thanks

Jim

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Jim, I'm sure it's not impossible per se. But only Parker can tell you if it's practical, vis. implementation. He's the software man who keeps this entire site running. Nice idea, though. I agree. The Man, however, will have the definitive answer. Thank you for your post!

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Jim:

Not impossible but a great deal of coding to put something like that together. I just don't have the time really.

Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks