What's new

Excellent 1080 24p HD discussion at starwars.com (1 Viewer)

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Slightly off topic from "DVD software", but certainly of interest to all in this forum:

http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/f...516/index.html

very good down-to-earth discussion about the nature of live - HD "filming" direct to digital and how new camera designs are improving image quality (by offering true 1920 horizontal resolution and 4:4:4 RGB recording).

Check it out.

Hopefully, as industry knowledge begins to grow about the advantages of 1080 24p HD filming (vs 1080 60I) and this practice becomes more affordable and more commonplace, our eventual HD-DVD format might benefit in the process.

Reagan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reagan
This is certainly good news. Looks like they are getting all they can out of 1080x1920p. Of course, great news would be a 1080x2535 cam that would allow for real 2.35. So they are still about 600 pixels per scan line from doing it right.

-Reagan

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
anything's better than the onscreen image I saw on Episode 2 theatrically, bleccccccccchhhh. Video noise and low detail all over the place. I realize that there may have been image manipulation and softening at work, but frankly I did NOT like what I saw

dan fritzen

Second Unit
I would put epoisode 2 in the theater as watching a DVD on a first or second gen. plasma screen, still not quite perfect but one cool looking image.

FredK

Second Unit
I saw the press release last week but hadn't seen any discussion on it, thanks for the link!

Most importantly, it's the desire to put AOTC and now EP3 out on digital by LFL that has greatly increased the public awareness of the technology and its advances/limitations. Hopefully, as it seems to be, the PT has been an impetus for improving the technology and getting it to market faster.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks