What's new

Excel gurus! Need some help (displaying a webpage in excel) (1 Viewer)

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Any Excel gurus out there? :)

I need to have a specific web page automatically display after opening up an excel file.

I have previously accomplished something similair (displaying a web image) - but cannot for the life of me figure out how to have an entire web page display automatically.

Any help or guidance is much apreciated!

Mike

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Are you having trouble displaying the webpage, opening it automatically or both?

I'm not sure how to display the webpage. To open it automatically, though, you'll need to write a little VBA code. Go to Tools>Macro>Visual Basic Editor. On the left-hand side of the screen click on "This Workbook". A new window should appear on the right side of the screen. This new window should have two drop-down menus at the top. In the first menu, select "Workbook", in the second menu select "Open".

This will give you a place to write all the commands you want to happen when you open the workbook.

If you need help with the VBA, then feel free to ask some specific questions. I'm a little rusty, but might be able to figure some things out for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks