Evil Dead 4?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Inspector Hammer!, Mar 13, 2002.

1. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    I read an article in Cinescape that Bruce Campbell and Sam Raimi were going to do a low budget, but as yet undisclosed film together. What else could it be!?

I always heard that they had the desire to do a forth film and that it would center around Ash fighting the forces of darkness in an apocolyptic future after waking up 100 years too late at the end of the directors cut of 'Army of Darkness'. I sure hope this happens, I would love to see Ash kick some more ass!

I would also love to see them take this film back to it's horror roots, or at least as scary as 'Evil Dead 2'.

2. JeremySt

JeremySt Screenwriter

Jeremy
    Should Evil Dead 4 become a reality, I would poo my shorts. These film shave always been high on my list.

3. Sam Hatch

Sam Hatch Stunt Coordinator

The only reason I've seen given for not making Evil Dead 4 was that Army of Darkness was not a financial success. On bruce-campbell.com, he states that he and Sam would love to make a fourth one but economically they can't see it happening.

But I've never understood why they feel that it has to be a big budget movie. Why would it have to cost more than Army of Darkness? It's pretty strange coming from a bunch of guys who used to be punk kids making movies for almost nothing. And you'd think with Sam's success he'd be able to self-finance a small movie no problem.

Low budget has never been a bad thing for the Evil Dead series as far as I'm concerned, and I would be just as excited to see Evil Dead 4 even if it was made dirt cheap.

If this turned out to be the truth, that would rock! I too hope they would continue it where the original version of 'Army' left off.

4. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

My friend asked Bruce at a convention which ending they would follow for a hypothetical ED4, he says "London apocalypse" is the official ending.

Maybe it is ED4, maybe not. I'm sure we stand a much better chance of one after Spider-Man when Raimi's Hollywood stock will be high

5. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Producer
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    There is an Easter Egg on the new Book of the Dead Evil Dead DVD where Robert Tapert let's the cat out of the bag that he, Sam, and Bruce will be making a small-budget independent film together. He is careful to mention that it might not be an Evil Dead film, though.

Regards,

6. Brian Kissinger

Brian Kissinger Screenwriter

I saw that too, Ken. Evil Dead 4 would be great, but anything with Sam and Bruce get my hard earned dollar. I love Sam's movies, and I think Bruce is just plain great. Together, they're magic.

7. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

I would give my right hand to see Evil Dead 4
    ...ok... that was terrible [​IMG]

8. Sean Oneil

Sean Oneil Supporting Actor

Hmmmm, I can't imagine that an EvilDead4 film would not eventually turn a profit, seeing as there is such a HUGE and fanatical cult following for the Evil Dead series of movies. If Spiderman is a monster hit, then Rami will probably get to do whatever he wants in Hollywood... but I agree that they would not need a huge budget.

9. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

i doubt it, VERY HIGHLY doubt it

10. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

You never know. More than one movie has gotten a sequel based on the millions of copies the video sold. I would NOT be suprised in Anchor Bay would be looking to help fund it.

11. Sean Oneil

Sean Oneil Supporting Actor

12. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

[​IMG]
    Overheard at the Anchor Bay offices:
    "Listen... we give this film a $300,000 budget for exclusive DVD rights... then we shall release...
    A Theatrical Version
    A Director's Cut (Limited Edition of Course)
    A Director's Cut AND Theatrical Cut Limited Edition
    ... The we shall release the same Director's Cut disc non-limited and people will buy it again! HAHAHA!"

[​IMG]