What's new

Everwood 10/20/03 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Blind Faith

How many love triangles can the town of Everwood handle? Evidently, at least 2 for now.

Efram hates being Amy's "backup" and lets her know how hurt he is by his status in her life. After Bright talks some sense into her, Efram lets loose a big celebratory kiss on Madison after finally passing his driving test and getting his driver's license. Of course, Amy is there to witness the kiss, but unknown to her, Madison did all she could to quell Efram's hormones, and Efram's blood supply finally reached his brain again and he came to his senses.

In the background brewing is the eventual love triangle between Linda, Andy and Nina. It's a coming...

Harold's attempt to set up Linda (and keep her away from Andy) are comedic and futile, but it was fun to watch Harold's idea of what a suitable suitor would be for his kid sister.

Andy pushes the town priest to undergo experimental surgery so he can see just a little bit for his wedding, which got moved up from end of the year, to this week. The priest has the whole town praying for him, and Andy's suggested surgery doesn't help and Andy feels horrible, but the priest is resilient after an outpouring of support from the town.

The wedding goes off without a hitch, and Efram and Amy come to an understanding about their "availability" and it creates some more distance between them.

Overall, another fine episode with lots of funny bits.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Easyview is on Sundays, so look for it there.

Fine episode, with plenty of stuff to keep us coming back without feelinng too soapy.

Did anyone else notice that Madison was on one of the WB promos during the commercials? Me thinks she's here for awhile.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Oh yeah, I saw Madison in the Everwood promo bumper and got really psyched about her staying on Everwood longer. :D

RobertW

Supporting Actor
for what it's worth, the priest is played by the same guy who's playing jonesy in carnivale. as soon as i saw him on andy's examination table, i had a feeling it was the same guy.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Enjoyable episode to be sure, juggling alot of plotlines without neglecting any of them. That said, I fear that this series will deteriorate into Dawson's Creek-esque love triangles where the two that want each other are never together until the very end.

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
I think I missed something somewhere, but when did Andy acquire the power to marry people? And not even in his home state! I thought he was just your basic brain surgeon type ...

Deborah

John Watson

Screenwriter
Sure, yeah, he performs marriages... He's not even a captain! But he's quite an operator

Anyway, I hope Etta James is getting paid well :)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Julia was Jewish. As far as the show seems to be concerned, Andy's atheist with an unspecified upbringing. I wondered about that as well, but figured it was something he just picked up along the way through his various worldly deeds.

John Madia

Second Unit
It seems the writers have a dillemia with Harold. They know how to write his character well (for example last week's talk to his wife about not prescribing the anti-depressants) but enjoy it more when they write him as a buffoon like they did in this episode. I will admit though that I found him using the internet to find out info about Linda's possible suitors quite amusing.

You've got to feel bad for Ephram; you know you're dating life is pretty bad when two women break up with you before you date them.

Brad Grenz

Second Unit
I think I missed something somewhere, but when did Andy acquire the power to marry people? And not even in his home state! I thought he was just your basic brain surgeon type ...
Right before the wedding there is a scene where he signs some paperwork, and makes a crack about if it's that easy to become a minister than his firend's industry could be in trouble. The idea being that he became ordained specifically to preside over this marriage.

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
Brad,

How weird! I didn't pay that much attention to his signing things before the wedding, because all those who participate in a wedding, including the person who officiates, always have to sign a number of paters, including the marriage certificate. I just figured that this was what was going on.

Deborah

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks