What's new

Eraserhead DVD news (1 Viewer)

Josh Pounds

Stunt Coordinator
To those interested...

Apparently Eraserhead is in production now. Mr. Lynch has approved the digital transfer and the wait for this ethereal film will soon be over. I do pray the wait was worth it.

Regardless of the 54.something dollars it takes to ship and buy this wonderful piece of cinema, I'll enjoy spending every penny. Let's make them put it on backorder again, like the Short Films DVD. We want more from David.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Josh, thanks for the heads-up. While I do think the asking price for this disc is a bit steep, Eraserhead IS a one-of-a-kind piece of cinema. I'll be happy to own it.

Dave Gorman

Supporting Actor
Yikes! I suppose it would be too much to hope that Netflix or other rental places would have it available... I'd love to see this, but I'm not about to pay that kind of money for a blind purchase!! ...for that matter I can't think of any movie I've seen that I could justify a $54 purchase.

Marc_Savoie

Stunt Coordinator
It's $39.95 + shipping, same as the Short Films disc. It's worth it in my opinion.
unles you live in Canda like me, where it ends up costing about $80 for the DVD with the international shipping + taxes + exchange rate. :frowning: Regardless, hopefully after a bit of budgeting I can consider afording tis wonderfu film, and the Short Films DVD (which I assume will still be available for purchase for a while yet....)

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
he might come over to your house (he seems like a friendly enough guy), but i doubt he'll explain the movie to you. he doesn't do commentaries :)

DonaldB

Supporting Actor
Are you sure the shipping for this will be $14? I thought it was "only" $9 to ship the short films disc.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
he doesn't do commentary, but he might tell stories just like on the Shorts disc.

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
Any word at all on this disc? Does anyone who is a paying member of davidlynch.com have any info they could share with us?

Tony Mirra

Stunt Coordinator
Lynch said he has to start over from scratch with this disc. Apparently there were problems with the test discs that he received and they weren't correctable. (I'm not sure what the exact problems were, but it had something to do with the compression of the film and it being black and white.)

So they're going to go back and redo the film, frame-by-frame, and hope that the transfer works this time.

But I thought it took 2 years to clean it up originally, so who knows how long it's going to take.

John CW

Supporting Actor
He's not going back frame by frame again, he's just restarting the compression process (read: squeezing it onto a DVD). Shouldn't take TOO long.

~ John

GregoryP

Supporting Actor
I just saw this on www.dugpa.com
Seven failed compression attempts, and a completely new HD transfer later, I've got it on good word that the Eraserhead DVD is planned to ship in 2 weeks. Check the online store in the coming days for the announcement.
WOO HOO! I'll now be able to order his short films DVD also. I've been holding out to save on shipping.
Gregory

Anthony Thorne

Supporting Actor
Could someone please supply a direct link to Lynch's online store? I know of the main site URL but on a 56k modem it's sometimes hard to navigate my way around it.

I have no problem with the listed price. I also doubt the film will be anamorphic as it's a 1.33:1 production. Looking forward to this release...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks