What's new

David Lynch news (1 Viewer)

GregoryP

Supporting Actor
John Neff, David Lynch's sound mixer and collaborator has had some interesting things to say recently on the LynchNet message forum. http://www.mikedunn.com/wwwboard/wwwboard.html
Eraserhead DVD:
The cleaned DVD will be out and available in the 'store' in just a few weeks. The DVD is done, booklets are being printed, boxes manufactured.
Twin Peaks Pilot and Elephant Man:
Actually, I am the one that told David that it appears Paramount has the rights, after seeing it on dugpa, and getting some e-mails about it. He was not aware, but was happy that WB no longer had it. But, Paramount didn't treat us so well on 'The Elephant Man'. They refused credits for the new mix, and didn't even ask David for an interview... what's that all about? He would have been happy to talk about that film.
We will place a quiet inquiry as to the 'rumor' that P'mount owns the pilot, and what are their intentions, etc,. and then see what happens. I of course, would be honored to do a 5.1 mix of the pilot, as we have on a a few previous projects, and if so, I promise it won't drift in and out of phase...
Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me Deleted Scenes and New Line's official statement that it wasn't about money:
Don't be confused, follow your hunch. Intuition will tell you what the truth is...

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Good to hear the Eraserhead dvd is coming. Any word on extras and price? Will it only be available through Lynch's website?

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor
I read somewhere that the Eraserhead DVD would only be available at Lynch's site. Is this going to be the case? If it's only a few weeks away then there should've been an official announcement.

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
From the John Neff interview at dugpa.com:

"The negative resides at the museum of modern art in New York, and they shipped the negative back, and we had a high-def transfer made from the negative. Every single one of the 130,000 frames has been digitally cleaned by a poor guy we locked up in a closet, and won’t let out until it’s perfect. The sound will be the stereo Dolby SR track. We really tried to make a 5.1 track, but enough of the original elements don’t survive… so we couldn’t do a fair job of it. But it’s going to be great. It will be in an 8 by 8-inch box with a lot of photos. Very classy... and reasonable.*"

On extras:

"We are filming some stories about the production of it. David tried to come up with some extra scenes, but there isn’t enough of the old material left. So there might be some stills and some other odds and ends, but there aren’t scenes from it per say, because all the negative and the lifts are just gone. They got shipped or dumped many years ago unfortunately. They’re not recoverable."

The DVD will ONLY be available through DavidLynch.com I believe.

John CW

Supporting Actor
Excuse me while I say: "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Thanks.

~ John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks