What's new

'Eraserhead', 1/10/06 (1 Viewer)

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
Since the most recent 'Eraserhead' post is about a year old, and no doubt many thread subscribers have dropped off...I thought I would ressurect the subject.

According to DVD Empire, 'Eraserhead' is due for release on 1/10/06. The studio listed is Absurda, which is a new one on me. Anybody out there know what to expect from this release, so far as production standards, extra material, etc.?

Daniel-M

Second Unit
it's most liikely the dvd that was produced exclisly for the members of david lynch's offical site some years ago.

John CW

Supporting Actor
Firstly: http://www.absurda.net

Secondly, I believe it is nothing more than the previous Eraserhead (which was NOT exclusive to DavidLynch.com members -- ANYONE could -and can- buy it) released independently of David Lynch's website. All this means is that David Lynch has gotten a distribution deal and that it's going to have a "normal" amaray cover.

You can see the new Eraserhead other new David Lynch discs reviewed at www.DVDFile.com

Thanks!
- Johnny W

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
Anybody know the whereabouts of solid information (especially a review) of the current release? I noticed that it's distributed(?) by Rykodisc. They have a solid reputation with audio CD's, and I'm wondering if the same is true of DVD's.

CameronMcC

Second Unit
I own the new release. The disc content is identical to the previous box set version. Pretty solid disc with a restored to director's specification print, an interview with Lynch that goes on for a better part of an hour, with him just passing on details and still photos. A trailer, and even a calibration feature for your tv. (though many consider this a bit off)

only thing changed is the actual box to keep case. Solid release.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
I recommend the "new" Eraserhead which is essentially the same as the old cleaned up "Eraserhead" except that it's been repackaged in a standard case.

I particularly enjoyed Mr. Lynch's surreal monologue which is almost as long as the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks