What's new

ER - 5/15/03 - Season finale (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This episode gave me chills in the 2nd half once all hell breaks loose. The amount of courage these doctors show under these conditions is just insane. Working out there has to internally change the way you see the world, and how you relate to it. I'd say it'd be a life-altering experience.

Perhaps it was Carter's naivete at work when he kept trying to keep that one guy alive while the jaded doctor was content to let the guy die after the power went out, but Carter kept doing what he was trained to do, and just the effort in trying to keep a man alive is what saved his own life days later. Karma, my man.

This episode was Carter's wake-up call. It'll make him truly prioritize the important stuff from the superfluous stuff in his life.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
This ep didn't do much to change my mind that the "One or Two Character out of the ER Episodes" are a let down (the one exception being Greene's final episode) I thought that this was supposed to be a 2 part cliffhanger, at least that is what I read

Christopher~O

Stunt Coordinator
I thought is was kind of boring. If I wanted to see field hospitals I would watch M*A*S*H reruns.

Ugh and he's back with Abby. I wish the writers would just off her & her whole annoying family, expecially her mom.

Just my $.02

Cheers

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
I also found this episode hard to watch. It had to be the first time I ever saw Carter's mouth agape at the sight of polio or any case for that matter.

There were some political issues raised as well. Luka seems to be against forcing Democracy because it leaves native people sick and starving. f him I say (Still love him and his scadalous ways tho). Luka's French nurse was a mirror image of Abby, and that's what made him happy. Perhaps now he is past the whole Abby attachment thing.

The gun shots to the soldier's head were chilling!

Chris Baucom

Stunt Coordinator
This ep didn't do much to change my mind that the "One or Two Character out of the ER Episodes" are a let down
I agree. While these types of episodes are generally well made from a big-budget production point of view, ultimately I felt like it was not the best way to end the season and could have skipped the whole episode and not missed much. One good point, though, was that it was good to see Luka with some confidence and purpose.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
While Luka has some inner demons to deal with, that dude is one tough hombre, hardly anything fazes him in the jungle, and he's still got a saviour complex going on. I'd want Luka watching my back in a combat situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks