What's new

Er 12/11/03 (1 Viewer)

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
Don't forget, this is ER. Carter, his baby, and his woman will all succumb to HIV. Nobody leaves happy.
I think most likely Carter will leave the ER to go run his foundation full time, with most of its resources devoted to fighting AIDS in Africa, I definitely wouldnt be surprised if this happened either. A while back there was an episode where Carter was working on a patient, and the show made a point of showing that Carter had cut himself somehow and had bled onto his lab coat. They haven't mentioned it since, but I could see this somehow working its way back into the plot at a later date.

Brian

Don Black

Screenwriter
I thought Noah Wyle had agreed to continue after this season (when his current contract is up). Hence his 6-month break... to spend time with his real family/baby.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Wasn't it Benton's girlfriend doctor (Cleo) who got possibly exposed to HIV from attending them and suffering a cut?

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
Julianna Marguiles (sp?) character got a needle stick from an AIDS patient in the first episode....they seem to leave that loophole open often on ER.

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
Julianna Marguiles (sp?) character got a needle stick from an AIDS patient in the first episode....they seem to leave that loophole open often on ER.
Well, it's easy enough to do; I just did it a few minutes ago myself, but the scapel blade was used on a cat, so I'm not too worried. I don't care how many layers of gloves you wear, sharps win every time.

I would not be a human-type medical professional these days; too much concern over privacy issues and not enough for the health of the care-giver.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
There have been problems with ER not being in HDTV a few times before. Generally I think this occurs when there is inadequate time for the production company to produce the HD master. Perhaps they were still editing the episode after their deadline.
I'm pretty sure these programs are completed in high defintion and then they make a downconverted clone in standard definition. Otherwise, they'd have to edit a show twice, which would be a waste of money.

MattBu

Stunt Coordinator
I've always felt that it was the fault of the local station not "Flipping the switch"

John Lloyd

Second Unit
I found my source: Ken H, over at www.avsforum.com. He seems to be very knowledgeable about HD production at the networks.

The other time this happened, it was a technical problem at the post production facility that delayed the HD master from being delivered to the network.
There are numerous threads over there discussing this kind of problem and I pulled it from the one titled "ER this week not in HD?"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks