What's new

Equipment Room Ventillation Question (1 Viewer)

Tim Shafer

Auditioning
I designed and built my own home theater, and now I am looking for a simple solution to a common problem.

Like most of you, my audio/video equipment is located in an enclosed dedicated closet. I have considered using a relatively expensive fan to exhaust warm air from this room, but was frustrated with reliability problems and noise.

I have come up with a great solution, but need your help. I have installed an ultra-quiet NuTone bathroom ceiling fan. Virtually silent (.8 sones), powerful (80-100 CFM), and completely reliable. My only issue is controlling it. Currently I have resorted to manual wall switch.

I need a very simple line voltage (120v AC) thermostat (preferably adjustable) that will turn this cooling fan ON at a preset limit, and OFF again when the room is cooled. I want set-it and forget-it simplicity.

Any thoughts/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Tim

JerryD

Grip
Just go to any supply house for heating and air conditioning and ask for a "line-level thermostat". Mount it in the equipment closet and connect the 120VAC line for the fan.

warrick

Stunt Coordinator
Tim,

Or you could just plug it into one of the switched outlets on the back of you AV Reciever and it will switch on when you use the system and off when you turn the system off

Regards

Warrick

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks