What's new

Entry level receiver options--need help again......... (1 Viewer)

Gary Halm

Auditioning
my next area to look at is a decent receiver in the $350 range.

i am strongly considering a reburbed marantz SR4200 or SR5200, denon 1802(I understand the 1803 is coming), Kenwood VR-6050 and possibly a yamaha.

the yamaha's i have heard are good receivers but maybe it's just me but are there like 132 options with them? why so many different models to choose from? it's confusing and leads me to think i'll just not consider the yamaha line. does anyone else feel this way?

the marantz impresses from the standpoint of superior sound in 2-channel and HT. denon is denon which is good.

i don't think there's a bad box among most of these, just trying to maximize my ultimate enjoyment, so i would appreciate input from you guys.

thanks for your thoughts

KyleGS

Second Unit
I just got an H/K 125 and I haven't found another reciever in its price range that sounds THIS good with 5.1 and especially 2 ch stereo. Or the Denon looks good and even look at the Onkyo 600.

chiante

Agent
check out the pioneer 811s, it seems to be very popular here. it's in the 350.00 price range. i have the 850s and really love it .

Steve Cross

Agent
I agree with kyle, I switched from onkyo sr600 to a HK 225 and as far as sound quality I think that HK in both stereo and HT sounds much better (IMO). the bass and treble are in stereo is so nice.

I have no experience with the other receivers so...

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
For the money (under $350) you really can't beat the Pioneer 811. A great receiver with nice features and expandability to boot. I've had mine for a few months and really enjoy it.

Worth trying out.

Alfer

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks