What's new

Enterprise 11/27/02 (1 Viewer)

Mike Soltis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
While it is nice that a 'typical' episode of enterprise can make us reflect on TNG eps, i'd rather just watch the TNG eps than sit through this.

No, I didn't like this episode. I tend to not like any episode where i have the whole thing in less than 7 minutes.

How may other people are getting to the point where they actually miss 'Voyager' ? ? ?

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I miss Star Trek—as in the spirit of the franchise. To "miss" Voyager would be akin to missing that time when you had a root canal performed.

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor
Real Name
doug zdanivsky
I want so much for Enterprise to be a good show! All the ingredients are there..

I'm sick of dumping on it!

Who do we have to kill to get some decent writers on the show? Oh yeah, the current hacks.. Nevermind..

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
This episode brought back 3 TNG episodes to mind:

I forget the titles, but the ones were:

Barcaly fear of the transporter

Ro and Geordi becoming phased

Troi standing in front of the warp core and going through a whole episode only to be standing in the same place at the end of the episode.

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor
Real Name
doug zdanivsky
I guess we can't be too critical..

I mean, even the TNG episodes mentioned here, that we know are where they came up with the idea for this latest Enterprise episode, were undoubtedly gleaned from some other even earlier Sci-Fi show.

After so many years of television, isn't pretty much EVERYTHING we see on the tube just a variation of a theme?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
So what? Even if it's not original, it can still be well-presented; it can still feel like you're doing something new, as opposed to doing nothing but chewing up time.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
At least with Newhart, it was a really funny bit that had some foundation. Even with St. Elsewhere, it was the last show. With Dallas and this episode, it's like, "Oh never mind that; let's just keep going." Nope, you can't pull a fast one like that and expect people to continue to invest in the show to the same degree.

//Ken

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor
Real Name
doug zdanivsky
I'm not saying the episode in question was well executed, just that I shouldn't knock it based on it's lack of originality.
Hopefully tonight's will be better! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks