What's new

energy rc-30 and rc-r speaker placement help (1 Viewer)

nathanielnat

Auditioning
Real Name
e prasad
i have 4 rc-30's and two rc-r's and a rc-lcr with a 7.1 reciver and want to know which speakers to use for surround back , should i use 2 rc-30's for the surround back channels and the rc-r's for surround channels ? or use the rc-r's for for surround channels and rc30's for surround back channels ?

aaronmielke

Auditioning
Real Name
Aaron Mielke
You'll want to use the rc-30's as your surround back channels and the rc-r's for the surround channels. Set the rc-r's to "dipole" - a more "diffuse" sound is ideal from the surround channels.

What is the distance from your seating position to the surround back channels? Since the rc-30's are a direct radiator, I would hope that you have some distance - 4' or greater - so that the sound has time to "mix" with the sound coming from the rc-r's.

After getting the speakers in place, ideally you'd want to use an SPL calibrator ($25 at radio shack) if you're AVR doesn't have it's own setup mic. This will help set the delays so everything meshes well.

By the way, nice setup!

nathanielnat

Auditioning
Real Name
e prasad
thanks for your help

yes i have about 5' from the back of my couch to the wall. im using my old sony de995 avr but have pre-ordered the onkyo tx-sr608 and am still trying to figure out what sub to buy? right now im using my old paradigm ps-1000.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks