What's new

Emotiva releases BasX MR1 11.2 channel AVR (1 Viewer)

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne

This receiver is rated at 100 watts/channel at 8 ohms with all 11 channels driven. 160 watts/channel 2 channels driven. This will process 7.2.6 with 2 channels needing external power.

It retails for $1,999.

Here is Emotiva's announcement video:

And a review:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I think Emotiva might have their processing to the point where they can really compete with Denon and Yamaha. The power specs certainly are impressive.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Some of the objective reviews over at Audio Science along with some individual concerns I've heard voiced about Emotiva processors give me serious pause. Too bad, as I really like the idea of a smaller, boutique manufacturer and they're located just about 5 hours from me in Franklin TN. I'd readily trust them for amplifiers but not so sure about receivers or processors.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Some of the objective reviews over at Audio Science along with some individual concerns I've heard voiced about Emotiva processors give me serious pause. Too bad, as I really like the idea of a smaller, boutique manufacturer and they're located just about 5 hours from me in Franklin TN. I'd readily trust them for amplifiers but not so sure about receivers or processors.
How old are those reviews? Is it possible they’ve gotten better at it?

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
How old are those reviews? Is it possible they’ve gotten better at it?
Yea, that's a fair point. The review units are borrowed from members and it is entirely possible the anomalies were isolated. It's also possible some of the issues have been addressed with firmware updates. I believe Emotiva also offers the longest warranty of any of the major manufacturers. You're giving me some good food for thought Mr. Rice.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yea, that's a fair point. The review units are borrowed from members and it is entirely possible the anomalies were isolated. It's also possible some of the issues have been addressed with firmware updates. I believe Emotiva also offers the longest warranty of any of the major manufacturers. You're giving me some good food for thought Mr. Rice.
I just know the online hatred of Emotiva gets absurd. Yes, their processors have had issues, but they keep trying. I doubt they don’t make any effort to improve things. The fact is, the XPA-DR2 makes my Thiels sound the best they ever have, in 30 years of trying.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
The price is phenomenal for what is likely to be superb amplification.

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
I'm about to pull the trigger on one. I'm upgrading from 5.1.4 to 7.1.4 and need a new AVR. I'm very impressed that it can drive 100 W at 8 Ohms into all eleven channels simultaneously. I've definitely noticed my current Onkyo AVR struggling when trying to drive really active Atmos mixes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks