What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Emmy Awards.... an idea. (1 Viewer)

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
I got this idea from recently discovering that the NFL was going to release all the Superbowl shows in three separate releases... So I was thinking, wouldn't it be totally awesome if they released the Emmy Awards (the original) all on DVD?

Does this idea float anyone's boat?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I think those Super Bowl sets are actually documentaries that feature portions of the game but also interviews and such. I could be wrong though.

I think that a set of highlights from over the years would work better (for Emmys and Super Bowls).

Supporting Actor
No, I swear... I saw the commercial. It said that each individual game would be on the dvd... I'm not lying... go check it out for yourself. It's on Amazon... I think it would be a really nifty idea to release the programs onto DVD... they could be encapsulated forever... and I know they'd never be in reruns so why not?

Supporting Actor
Well, doesn't this suck? Why couldn't they just release the games... wouldn't that be neat? I, myself, am not a particular fan of sports (:::shock, awe:::) but it seems to me that it would be rather interesting to see episodes, if I can use the term correctly, to be preserved on DVD... I can assure you these episodes won't be reaired... and neither will Emmy Awards! So, why not release them?

MaraKM

Stunt Coordinator
Releasing complete Emmy Award shows (or the Oscars, Golden Globes, etc.) would be a clearance nightmare, and I can't imagine anyone ever being able to do it. Aside from the film clips & music clearances, you'd have to track down every actor to get their permission, and you'd have to negotiate some kind of payment. And for every 'in memorium' clip collection, you'd have to track down the various estate to get clearance for the photographs.

I think it would be as much work, or more, than Saturday Night Live, and since we're never getting season sets of SNL, I can't imagine us getting many complete award ceremony dvds. (Maybe for something new like "So & So's tribute to famous actor X" or a roast on Comedy Central, where they negotiate everything in advance because they know there's probably going to be a dvd, but for older shows, I doubt it.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks