What's new

Email Notification Fixed (1 Viewer)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I believe I have taken care of the issue with emails only getting sent out to you once when someone responds to a particular thread. If you respond to the thread it won't send you something as you already know what you have said. :) You should now get an email each time someone responds to a thread you are following. To unsubcribe to a thread just follow the link in the email that gets sent out or go to the User Control Panel and unsubsribe from there.
Let me know if you have any problems with this.
Parker

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hi parker -

i'm not sure if this is a related issue or not. i noticed my inbox is getting emails from the poster's address and not the usual "[email protected]". the subject line still looks the same.

just thought you should know...

ted

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
That is the way it is supposed to be. When people where getting email notifications from someone they would reply to that message. Since I was listed as the sender I would get the email. Since the person responding to the post is the one that sent it out I think it should be that person that gets the email response. Not me.

Parker

Ron Eastman

Second Unit
Ouch, I don't like the address of the person replying to the thread either. I'd rather have it back the other way where I only received the one notification than have a bunch of messages going out to people looking like they came from me.
Another option I thought of, how about having the sender be a fictitious account at HTF like:
"[email protected]"?
That way nobody has to be burdened by the reply and the person (who didn't read the disclaimer that already exists) would get an undeliverable mail message.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I have made it to where nothing is put in the return address. Now everyone will get an email with everything they are following and no one will be able to reply to the poster. All should at last be content.

Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks