What's new

Electra Glide in Blue (1 Viewer)

Jon Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Are there any plans to release this on DVD ?
i saw it on TV a month back, i hadnt heard of it before but read in the TV guide it was 'cult' movie so i automatically assumed it was on DVD and i didnt record it
:frowning:
i was absolutely blown away by it, was a fantastic film, especially loved the ending with its freeze frame.
but i discovered to my horror it is not available on DVD on any region :frowning: Nooooooooo

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I'd like to see this too! However, a DVD release might be a touchy issue now considering Robert Blake's current problems.

Edit: The ending is quite the shocker. Electra Glide in Blue would make an interesting double-bill with Easy Rider!

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Don't know about a DVD release--though I'd think Blake's presence would make it more marketable (BARETTA episodes are coming to DVD)--but Showtime shows is fairly regularly, and almost always LTXed. Keep that tape handy. I find the scenes between Blake and Elisha Cook Jr. quite touching.

Brad Vautrinot

Stunt Coordinator
I have been wondering for quite awhile why this hasn't made it to DVD. This is one of my prized laserdiscs that, fortunately, was released in its OAR and stereo sound. It was originally an MGM title but I don't know if they still hold the rights.

Ian Such

Stunt Coordinator
Showtime shows is fairly regularly, and almost always LTXed. Keep that tape handy.
From what Jon said,I would imagine that he is from the UK (Electra Glide was shown on BBC2 a few weeks ago - I missed it as well :frowning:), and I guess that Showtime is a US-based channel.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Ah, I missed that part. Your best bet, then, is to use those frequent flyer miles and drop my apartment the next time it's on.:)

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
It'd be a treat to see this movie OAR. The recent showing in Blighty was in fact on ITV, so it was shown in pan and scan with a load of adverts in the middle of the night. Not the three most conducive elements to good home cinema, but I enjoyed the movie all the same. Time to start searching eBay for that LD version, methinks!

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
The first time I saw ELECTRA GLIDE...was on PAL videocassette, around 1990. Not OAR, and not the optiumum way to see this film, but there may still be some about.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks