What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Easter eggs on StarWars 1 (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston
There is a funny one, I believe accessed through the THX setup menu (We saw it at FOX on the HTF tour). The exact sequence on how to get to it from that menu I do not know though.......It didn't look like a hidden link was highlighted......it might be another easter egg where a code has to be typed in or something.
------------------
Regards,
Brian W. Ralston
"Success is a journey, not a destination." - Unknown

AndrewR

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Rubio
My friend sent me this.....
TPM DVD: Easter Eggs Galore
Thu, Oct 04, 01 06:19:06 PM EDT
It was reported earlier that the Episode I DVD would have "Easter Eggs" hidden around the two-disc set. Now DVD Angle has released a compilation of known goodies thus far:
DISC ONE EASTER EGG:
Hidden on of the first disc is a hilarious 2-minute gag reel, outtakes, and DVD Credits presentation for Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace. This small nugget alone is almost worth the price of the set.
The number “1138” is forever branded into the minds of Star Wars fans everywhere, so it comes as no great shock that it is the key to an Easter Egg on this set. To access the gag reel and outtakes, from the “Options” menu on the first disc, first enter the number “11” (which will probably be “10+, 1” for most people, or possibly “1, 10+”), followed by “3,” and then “8.”
Those that have trouble accessing this feature due to hardware conflicts can simply access Title 3 directly.
DISC TWO EASTER EGGS:
From the individual deleted scenes interface, there is a small button on one of the projector arms of the laser doors. To access this button, move up to the “Doc Menu” selection and press right. This button can only be activated from the first two scenes, and leads to introductory interviews and explanations that appear to be…get this…interview segments that have been deleted from the Deleted Scenes Documentary, which is almost enough to boggle the fanboy mind.
MENU EASTER EGG:
That's right, folks, even the menus for this DVD have hidden tricks. For those that are partial to a particular planet from the film, there is a way to access each one specifically.
All commands are entered at the “Attention” screen that follows the FBI Warning at the beginning of the disc.
During that “Attention” screen:
For Tatooine: Press and release the “2” button on the DVD remote.
For Naboo: Press and release the “Audio” button on the DVD remote.
For Coruscant: This one is a bit trickier, and may differ from player to player, but for remotes that use the “10+” button to access double digit numbers, forget that “10+” button, and quickly press the “2” button twice.
Uncovered by: Dennis Burger
Uncovered on: September 11, 2001
Might be good to keep an eye on DVD Angle's story, if there's anymore to find on the TPM DVD as we approach October 16th. Thanks to Mark Smeets for the great find!
Update 1: - The easter egg on Disc One (with the gag reel) is a little difficult to get, and the description above doesn't work on all players. Here's what I know for sure works:
On disc one, go to the OPTIONS menu
Type "11", then hit ENTER.
Type "3", then ENTER.
Type "8", then ENTER.
The video will automatically start to play. Other variations of 1138 might work, but my DVD player only allowed 2 digits to be entered at a time.
Update 2: The Digital Bits has some clarification on easter eggs for Disc 2. Head over to this link to check them out!
Andrew
------------------
"There's nothing you can do to stop the catharsis of spurious morality!"

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
Has anybody else noticed that the easter eggs have changed? Or is it just my imagination?

I bought this DVD soon after it first came out. I somehow lost it, and recently rebought it. I recall at least three segments in the disc 1 "bloopers" that used to be there but aren't there now:

1. A Jawa transport racing along with the podracers; in fact, going faster than the podracers.

2. The Coruscant shuttle that arrives at the Naboo ship's landing platform has two large slices of toast pop out of the two seating rows (the shuttle top kind of resembles a toaster top).

3. Jar Jar juggling some parts inside Wattoo's shop.

Any thoughts?

Personally, I'd rather have the original version.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
While I have no idea what's on the disc now, I can say that the bloopers you listed are on my copy DVD. I find it hard to believe that they would make such minute changes but alter nothing else on the disc.

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
Eric, thanks for letting me know about Google. You should spread the word; looks like a useful place, maybe some day it will become the most popular search engine ever. Oh...you did notice the dates on the earlier posts, right? The eegs.com link answers questions that have been answered for years, but doesn't answer mine! :)
Greg: Thanks, I'll check out the other egg, the one you mentioned, as soon as I get a chance. I kind of blew off looking at it because I didn't remember looking at it before, but it was such a long time ago I might not remember. I'll let you know what I find.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks