What's new

Earphones for Portable DVD Player (1 Viewer)

Henry C

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know if this is the right area for this, but I recently purchased a portable DVD player. I want to get a good set of earphones so that I can watch it on the road without disturbing the other people on the plane. I would like to have:

1) full ear coverage
2) good sound quality
3) maybe noise concelation
4) prob around $50-$100
5) portability or fold-ability

Can someone suggest some good models that I can research or check out? Thanks for your help!

Henry

Arthur Legardo

Second Unit
Real Name
ArthurL
Starting at about $50 US, try the Sony MDR-EX71. Sony does make a true noise-cancelling earphone, I believe the MDR-NC11 but they're about $150. I'd also recommend the Shure E2C for about $70 US. They can seem a little awkward to use at first and my look even wierder, but may people swear to its sound quality. I have read recommendations for the Sennheiser MX 500 and MX 700 earphones too. Personally, I bought the EX71s as soon as I bought my iPod. I replaced my black EX70s to match the iPod's remote.

PaulTracy

Auditioning
The Sennheiser HD433 is dirt cheap, can be found nearly everywhere, and sounds decent. Plus if you lose/break them you won't be miserable, because they're only $35.

I don't know if anybody sells a quality noise-canceling headset for only a hundred bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.