What's new

Early '80's Fantasy show on Saturday nights, anyone remember the name? (1 Viewer)

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
There's a fantasy series that ran back in the early half of the '80's and I can't remember the name of it. I think it came on Saturday nights on CBS. It involved a blond prince and his friend, a stocky fellow who was supposedly the strongest man in the world (even though he didn't look like it). They fought against some guy who wore black who had this hot blonde sorceress girlfriend, and she had helped him enslave another more powerful sorcerer. I believe it only ran one season, or perhaps just half a season. Anyone remember the name of this show and if there's any chance of seeing it on dvd?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
Thanks Greg, I really appreciate that. That is definitely the show. I don't remember Jeff Conaway, but I do remember the face of Dirk and I definitely remember the blonde sorceress! That's been bothering me for a while not being able to remember it. I guess it's not available on dvd yet, if it ever will be. Would be kinda nice to have for nostalgia, and it was a fun show to a kid.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Glad that was the right show. Looks like the blonde sorceress was the girl who played Peter Scolari's girlfriend on Newhart. I'm surprised that the IMDb entry is such a mess, given the show's obvious fanbase. The cast needs to be updated in a big way.

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
I think the blonde from Newhart was the Princess on Wizards and Warriors. The blonde sorceress was someone else. I guess you can never have too many blondes in a sword and sorcery flick!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks