What's new

DVR says 100% full when its not! (1 Viewer)

Chad F.

Agent
I just had the Motorola HD, dual tuner, DVR box replaced because everytime it would record a program whatever was in the DVR already even it it was only 3% would magically become 100%. Now the new box is doing the same thing. I will call Insight tomorrow but they are so stupid when it comes to any tech issues. The last Tech that came out yanked my box out in one swift pull, not bothering to unplug my component cables, or optical. Also they just exchange the box instead of trying to figure out the problem. If any one else has had this problem let me know and give so info and tips. Thank You.

John_RO

Stunt Coordinator
No problems like that with my motorola 6412 v3. It does somtimes record only a portion of a program but as far as free space is concerned, it is accurate. Sounds like your provider got a bunch of lemons. The new 6412's are buggy to be sure but I can live with that for now.

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
How do you know it is 100% full? (or 3% full?)

Is it deleting a program before recording the new one?

Is it using Moxi?
I have a Moxi box and here is what I think you might be seeing:

If you have a bunch of series scheduled to record, it will caculate how much space it will need. If you schedule a new program to record say a week in the future, it will assume everything else scheduled to record before that will not be deleated, then it will tell you it has to "make room". It is not actually deleting now. If you delete other things before that records, then you are fine.

On another note, My HD DVR only has an 80GB HDD. That is only enough for about 10 hours of HD, or 40 hours of SD. So it fills up quick.

Chad F.

Agent
I do have many series recordings set up, so that is possible. Also the way I can tell how full it is is the percentage full appears next to my recordings in the menu. What happens is that say I have 3% full and when a scheduled recording starts a menu screen appears that says " your DVR is full, must delete programs to record" then there is a icon to select to take you to the recording menu, where the 2 hours(3% full) has magically changed to 100% full. A tech is supposed to be coming but imagine this , the Insight computers were down and they could'nt schedule an appointment. I post the results when they happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks