1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

DVI DVD Player

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by JohnEF, Mar 19, 2004.

1. JohnEF

JohnEF Stunt Coordinator

I have finally ordered my front porjector (Infocus 5700) and I am in the market for a DVD player with DVI output. Other than the Bravo D1, what else is out there? When will the DVD player come out?

John

2. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    Denon DVD-5900, Marantz DV8400, and the Samsung DVD-HD931 all have DVI outs. There is speculation that Denon will come out with an additional model at a lower price point than the 5900, but i don't have any additional information as to when it would actually be available for purchase.

3. Levesque

Levesque Supporting Actor

You forgot the LG 7832, another DVI-player that is already out, that can upscale through component also. Faroudja FLI2310 inside...

4. JohnEF

JohnEF Stunt Coordinator

The Denon and Marantz are very expensive while the Bravo and Samsung have very mixed reviews (with the exception of picture quality through DVI). I have heard that Bravo is coming out with the D3 model in the near future which will hopefully corect some of the flaws of the D1. Anyone have any info on the D3?

John

5. Kyle Tippett

Kyle Tippett Stunt Coordinator

Lévesque

I am unfamiliar with the LG you mentioned... i see also that you own one, is there a site that has specs for it? i'm in the market for a dvi out player.... ive been considering the Momitsu v880 because of the all region and pal converting features, but was unaware of this one.

6. Clayton Jr

Clayton Jr Extra

The new players should be available soon, since we're well into Q2.

This is the press release from the V Inc site:

7. ToddJ

ToddJ Second Unit

Even if you have a progressive scan dvd player, should you have lines on the screen? I hooked up my dvd player to my new 50" Hitachi LCD projection, and I still see lines....and a lot of noise too....not sure what I am doing wrong....

8. Andre Bijelic

Andre Bijelic Stunt Coordinator

The LG7832 is only available in Canada. The Zenith DVB318 is supposed to be its U.S. equivalent, but I'm not sure if the Zenith can upscale via component as the LG can.

9. Jim-M

Jim-M Second Unit

According to the thread at AVS, the DVB318 can upscale via component.

10. DavidY

DavidY Supporting Actor

Based on what I have read for the past while, the LG 7832 player's DVI capabilities are quite suspect. Until LG properly fixes the DVI issues via firmware or other, I would not consider it for DVI. Upconversion to 720p and 1080i via component video is regarded as quite good, comparatively.

Dave