What's new

dvdc920 (Yamaha) and dvd1600 (Denon) (1 Viewer)

MatthewJ S

Supporting Actor
Both seem to be built on same platform...limited bass mngmnt

(100hz?)....dcdi.....look reasonable for the price point... $100 more for 5 disc...any thoughts??????????

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Kevin, the Denon DVD-1600 is quite obviously based on the Panasonic DVD-RP56. The back panels are practically identical down to the lack of a coaxial digital output on the '1600, which is disappointing for a $500 player. However, I would bet that Denon made some key changes under the hood beyond the inclusion of DVD-Audio playback. Denon being Denon probably made some changes that render the '1600 a better all-around audio component (e.g., power supply, capacitors, clock, etc.). In that same vein, I would expect the '1600 to outperform the forthcoming Panasonic 'RP62. While I could be wrong, I am basing my conclusions on the difference in price between the two models and the reputation of Denon and Panasonic (Matsushita) when it comes to audio.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Matthew, Kevin_Kr mentioned in this thread that the 'RP82 will offer progressive-scan output and DVD-Audio playback for $279. I don't know if it will have DCDi. Perhaps a search of this site will yield more information.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks