DVD screen capture software

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bill Crosthwait, Nov 21, 2001.

1. Bill Crosthwait

Bill Crosthwait Second Unit

Hey everyone, I an looking for software that will do screen capture for DVDs. Thanks

2. Bill Catherall

Bill Catherall Screenwriter

I've used HyperSnap before. It works well but requires some tweaking to finally get it to work. I think PowerDVD has it built in. Both of these require a paid registration so you can get rid of the logo they lay over part of the image.
    Here's some examples from using an unregistered version of HyperSnap. http://members.home.net/bcatherall/shrek.html

3. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

I've also used HyperSnap-DX, partly because it also is the only program to properly capture 3d games running in Glide (on a 3dfx card).
    You can still download an older version of the software for free, & obtain free temporary licenses for it. You just have to enter your email & the license is immediately sent to you. (only lasts a week though, I think)
    Hyperionics Home Page
    Link to Free Licenses for HyperSnap-DX version 3.63.01
    -Dan B

4. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    I bought powerDVD, and it takes screenshots.
    It also has Dolby Headphone, so thats cool.. [​IMG] Surround sound in your headphones... not really, but sounds pretty cool