What's new

DVD rom?s (1 Viewer)

Any one of the drives should do the job. I have a Pioneer slot drive that I've never had any problems with.
You will have to use a software decoder if your video card does not have a hardware DVD decoder to watch movies, or you can get a Hollywood Plus decoder.
------------------
"There's no more warmed over leftovers leftover to be warmed over leftover!"
Equipment List

Ian Wilson

Agent
DVD drives are not created equal. Some sound like a chainsaw when playing DVDs. I can recommend the ASUS E-616, its a newly released drive with an emphasis on noise reduction. I just bought one and its almost silent when playing DVD's.
I'm guessing with that graphics card you don't use your PC as an HTPC i.e hooked up to a FP etc. The current favorite is the ATI Radeon with regard to PQ. Software players are now far ahead of hardware based decoding such as the Hollywood plus.
Ian

Jeff_smart

Auditioning
Dude, don't spend too much on dvd rom drive...I just purchased one recently and I have done some research.
My system spec's are:
800Mhz Athlon
ASUS A7V mobo
and
Geforce2 Mx 32 videocard w/tv out
I bought a Samsung 12X for like $40 US which is really good.
Its quite and loads up fast. I mean, DVD movies don't even use 16X.
I do recommend a RealMagic Hollywood Decoder PLus, if you plan on watching DVD movies on your TV.
Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks