What's new

DVD-R playback (and maybe Kodak too!) (1 Viewer)

GarrettMN

Auditioning
been burning DVD's for my parents of old films of theirs on a Mac using DVD Studio Pro... and today I noticed that while my Sony DVD player plays them all without a hitch, my new Panasonic player gave up on a few of them. Burning new copies yielded better results but it makes me think that this Panasonic player is a fence-sitter and might only get worse. (BTW - the media ranges from TDK, Pioneer and Apple's... and they work in several machines 'cept the new one)

so my question is - what players out thee do really well with DVD-R Media playback...

and does anyone know if any of these said players handle Kodak (PictureCD or PhotoCD)

thanx in advance...

BobAZ

Stunt Coordinator
I also found in my recent search for a new player that Sony and Toshiba are the only players that explicitly state support for DVD-R (and -RW for the Sony).

I looked at http://www.dvdplayerpricesearch.com/cgi-bin/dplhtml and used DVD-R as a search criteria.

They recently added the Kodak Picture CD as a new criteria but doesn't return any hits even if you leave everything else unchecked.

GarrettMN

Auditioning
yeah i too looked there and came up with nothing - they dont have an option to search for JPEG players either - although i know there are many that do. not a very good resource. i'll keep hunting...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks