DVD-R playback (and maybe Kodak too!)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by GarrettMN, Feb 23, 2003.

1. GarrettMN

GarrettMN Auditioning

been burning DVD's for my parents of old films of theirs on a Mac using DVD Studio Pro... and today I noticed that while my Sony DVD player plays them all without a hitch, my new Panasonic player gave up on a few of them. Burning new copies yielded better results but it makes me think that this Panasonic player is a fence-sitter and might only get worse. (BTW - the media ranges from TDK, Pioneer and Apple's... and they work in several machines 'cept the new one)

so my question is - what players out thee do really well with DVD-R Media playback...

and does anyone know if any of these said players handle Kodak (PictureCD or PhotoCD)

thanx in advance...

2. BobAZ

BobAZ Stunt Coordinator

I also found in my recent search for a new player that Sony and Toshiba are the only players that explicitly state support for DVD-R (and -RW for the Sony).

I looked at http://www.dvdplayerpricesearch.com/cgi-bin/dplhtml and used DVD-R as a search criteria.

They recently added the Kodak Picture CD as a new criteria but doesn't return any hits even if you leave everything else unchecked.

3. GarrettMN

GarrettMN Auditioning

yeah i too looked there and came up with nothing - they dont have an option to search for JPEG players either - although i know there are many that do. not a very good resource. i'll keep hunting...