DVD Profiler Mistake

Discussion in 'DVD' started by DennisP, Jul 17, 2003.

1. DennisP

DennisP Stunt Coordinator

I encountered this after buying the old Sam Elliot movie "The Quick and the Dead"...I updated my DVD profiler with the barcode and was surprised to find after downloading..that it was the "Hackman/Stone" version listed in the details etc. No picture was downloaded..just the other items. I can't figure out how to notify DVD Profiler of this error...so I figured someone that reads this forum could tell me how...or pass the information along.

Thanks for any help rendered [​IMG]

2. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

Update the profile yourself, and submit it back. DVD Profiller's database is all user contributed data, so if somethig is incorrect, fix it yourself, and upload the changes. Use the Edit Profile button, and when you're done, you'll be prompted to upload your changes.

3. Larry Bevil

Larry Bevil Second Unit

I bought The Quick and the Dead with Sam Elliott back in June. I noticed the same problem at the time that the DVD Cover with Gene Hackman came through. I updated the info and sent it to intervocative.com. As far as I know, it was updated, as I have gone through several updates since then and it did not try to "update" the images. So, I'm surprised that you got the wrong cover image.

4. MarkHarrison

MarkHarrison Supporting Actor

5. Larry Bevil

Larry Bevil Second Unit

The UPC number I uploaded with the correct image is 85392-45862

6. DennisP

DennisP Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the replies guys. I've tried to update profiles on the DVD Profiler website and even tried to view other members collections...I have never been successful. I get a runtime error every time I try. I've contacted the folks at DVD Profiler and tried their suggestions....to no avail.

The UPC I have for "TQ&TD" is 8539245862..I just tried to download the images and profile again....I still get the "Image Unavailable" picture and the Stone/ Hackman profile. I use the "search for UPC" screen to find the title.

This ins't a real biggie..as I'm pleased with everything else about the "DVD Profiler".

Thanks anyway.

7. nolesrule

nolesrule Producer

Joe Kauffman
    A great place for DVD Profiler support is to use the forums on the DVDProfiler.com website. They have an active community of regular users that can help out for almost any issue.

8. StevenFC

StevenFC Second Unit

I find that if I can't see an image on my Profiler page, it's usually because the UPC that I entered is different from the one they have in their database. I always contribute my profile that I entered, but until it is updated, I just use the UPC that they have in their database and then I can see the images.

I apologize if someone already mentioned this.