What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

DVD Profiler Mistake (1 Viewer)

DennisP

Stunt Coordinator
I encountered this after buying the old Sam Elliot movie "The Quick and the Dead"...I updated my DVD profiler with the barcode and was surprised to find after downloading..that it was the "Hackman/Stone" version listed in the details etc. No picture was downloaded..just the other items. I can't figure out how to notify DVD Profiler of this error...so I figured someone that reads this forum could tell me how...or pass the information along.

Thanks for any help rendered :)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Update the profile yourself, and submit it back. DVD Profiller's database is all user contributed data, so if somethig is incorrect, fix it yourself, and upload the changes. Use the Edit Profile button, and when you're done, you'll be prompted to upload your changes.

Larry Bevil

Second Unit
I bought The Quick and the Dead with Sam Elliott back in June. I noticed the same problem at the time that the DVD Cover with Gene Hackman came through. I updated the info and sent it to intervocative.com. As far as I know, it was updated, as I have gone through several updates since then and it did not try to "update" the images. So, I'm surprised that you got the wrong cover image.

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor
So, I'm surprised that you got the wrong cover image.
It's entirely possible that you two have different UPC codes. I'm seeing 4 different R1 profiles for this title.

I'd do as the other suggested and update the profile then contribute it. If you don't know the information, you could always cheat by adding one of the good profiles by title, then copying the information to the bad profile.

DennisP

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the replies guys. I've tried to update profiles on the DVD Profiler website and even tried to view other members collections...I have never been successful. I get a runtime error every time I try. I've contacted the folks at DVD Profiler and tried their suggestions....to no avail.

The UPC I have for "TQ&TD" is 8539245862..I just tried to download the images and profile again....I still get the "Image Unavailable" picture and the Stone/ Hackman profile. I use the "search for UPC" screen to find the title.

This ins't a real biggie..as I'm pleased with everything else about the "DVD Profiler".

Thanks anyway.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
A great place for DVD Profiler support is to use the forums on the DVDProfiler.com website. They have an active community of regular users that can help out for almost any issue.

StevenFC

Second Unit
I find that if I can't see an image on my Profiler page, it's usually because the UPC that I entered is different from the one they have in their database. I always contribute my profile that I entered, but until it is updated, I just use the UPC that they have in their database and then I can see the images.

I apologize if someone already mentioned this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks