MP3
DVD-A
SACD
DVD-R/RW playback compatible
Dolby Digital™ and DTS™ outputs
Component and S-Video output

John-Miles

Screenwriter
I am not sure about the DVD-R/RW but i believe the Marantz 8300 Yamaha S2300, Onkyo 800, Integra 8.1, and Pioneer 45a and 47ai have all those features, as wella s the upcomming denon 2900

Personally I own the Yamaha model, the marantz was too expensive, the pioneers ahve too many problems ie chroma bug, and i cant gett he Onkyo or Integra ones locally. so the Yamaha was the ebst bet for me, and I love it.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Too add to the above is there anything in the $500 and less category that meets all the criteria?

ChadLB

Screenwriter
OK so if I am not as concerned about SACD I seem to have the following options < $500:

Pioneer 45a
Denon 1600
Panasonic RP91
Pioner 563a

any others that play DVD-A for less than $500?

Jon_Welker

Second Unit
The Elite DV45A will play just about anything under the sun. It meets every single requirement you listed in your original post. For $500 or less, you can't beat it. You know, I'm getting a burr under my saddle with all this hoopla that this Secrets of Home Theater test has caused. I posted this once, and I'll post it again. I am extremely happy with the video produced by my DV45A. Just because some people tested these progressive scans every which way, looking for faults, and found a few, doesn't mean that it is a crappy player. I'm really sick of it. People are becoming brainwashed by this stuff, it is not Gospel.

Tony Casler

Agent
The pioneer 45a and 47ai meet all of the above criteria. I own a 47ai and I love it. I have seen no evidence of the chroma bug, the picture is outstanding. You want chroma bug, use an XBOX, it's so bad it hurts.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
My local Hi Fi shop has the Pioneer 45a for $399...I am sure I can get them down to somewhere between $300-$350.
Would this be a good price on this?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks