What's new

DVD Player w/ DVI under $300? (1 Viewer)

Chris Hiter

Stunt Coordinator
I am looking for a new DVD player to go with my Hitswx. I want one with DVI and good progressive scan quality. Is there any out there around $200-$300. Thanks

Joseph Shaw

Stunt Coordinator
I believe the Samsung DVD-HD931 fits in that price range and has DVI, but from the review I read in either Home Theater or Sound and Vision it was panned for mediocre picture quality and black issues. The same thing online.

There's also the Bravo D1, which also has DVI and weighs in at $199 direct from vinc.com but it comes with some warts as well. You can read the extremetech review of the D1 at http://www.extremetech.com/print_art...a=45897,00.asp

DVI is still relatively new on DVD players. The only other player I know of off-hand with DVI is the Denon DVD-5900, and that's way out of your price range. If it were me, I'd buy a nice progressive scan DVD player in your budget, and there are several, and wait for DVI to mature a little. It should also have the trickle down effect that component outputs/progressive scan video experienced. If you already own a nice progressive scan DVD player, I'd wait a year and let manufacturers implement DVI and work the bugs out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks