What's new

DVD player PQ differences noticable on 32" direct-view TV? (1 Viewer)

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor
So now that I've taken care of the audio portion of my setup with an SCD-C555ES, I'm ready to see what I can do to improve the video area. I'm currently using a Sony 32" flatscreen that does the anamorphic squeeze, and a Sony DVP-NC650V 5-DVD changer. Is this TV too small/low-end a display device to be able to tell the difference between a good DVD player's PQ (picture quality) and a great DVD player's PQ? Are there any players with great non-progressive output (my TV won't accept a progressive signal) that I would actually be able to appreciate the improvement of compared to my current DVD player? How about one for under $500? DVD-Audio would be a nice bonus but not essential. I really don't have a set budget for this--just kind of seeing what's out there.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
The Panasonic DVD-CP72 is a 5-disc changer with a great MPEG decoder (considered the best on the market by many) and does DVD-A. It can be had for $220-$245 and Panasonic currently has a $30 rebate deal going on disc changers.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks