1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

DVD player PQ differences noticable on 32" direct-view TV?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Yohan Pamudji, Nov 14, 2002.

1. Yohan Pamudji

Yohan Pamudji Second Unit

So now that I've taken care of the audio portion of my setup with an SCD-C555ES, I'm ready to see what I can do to improve the video area. I'm currently using a Sony 32" flatscreen that does the anamorphic squeeze, and a Sony DVP-NC650V 5-DVD changer. Is this TV too small/low-end a display device to be able to tell the difference between a good DVD player's PQ (picture quality) and a great DVD player's PQ? Are there any players with great non-progressive output (my TV won't accept a progressive signal) that I would actually be able to appreciate the improvement of compared to my current DVD player? How about one for under $500? DVD-Audio would be a nice bonus but not essential. I really don't have a set budget for this--just kind of seeing what's out there.

2. Yohan Pamudji

Yohan Pamudji Second Unit

Anyone?

3. Chris_Morris

Chris_Morris Screenwriter

The Panasonic DVD-CP72 is a 5-disc changer with a great MPEG decoder (considered the best on the market by many) and does DVD-A. It can be had for $220-$245 and Panasonic currently has a $30 rebate deal going on disc changers.

Chris

4. Reginald Trent

Reginald Trent Screenwriter

I prefer Toshiba DVD players. They display a sharper more detailed image than most other popular brands.