What's new

DVD Player Chroma Bug - Need Explanation (1 Viewer)

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
OK, I apologize in advance if this has been brought up in another post. I've read a lot of threads discussing which DVD players have the chroma bug, and how some people are more sensitive to it than others. The latest Shootout references it many times, and though I didn't read the entire thing in great detail, I didn't notice an explanation of what it actually is.
Can someone point me to a link that explains exactly what the chroma bug is and how to spot it? I have the Pioneer Elite DV-37, and while I'm not going to freak out about the fact that it has the bug, for my own HT edification I'd like to learn more about it (so I can at least avoid it in my next player).
Thanks in advance for your help.
------------------
Scott

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
This is the explanation you're looking for:
Link Removed
Regards,
------------------
John Kotches
Contributing Writer
Link Removed

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
John,
Thanks much - that's exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately, I have seen evidence of this error on my Elite DV-37 - but I never knew what it was called before.
------------------
Scott

James D S

Screenwriter
Unfortunately, I have seen evidence of this error on my Elite DV-37 - but I never knew what it was called before.
For this, you can thank the super-slueths at Secrets. To this day, they have done more than anyone else to identify what was causing the problem than any other. Without them, we'd still be tweaking the h*ll out of the chroma signal trying to hide it. :)

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
That's weird- it says the DVL-909 has it but I've never noticed it on mine, but it's REALLY obvious on my Playstation 2!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks