What's new

DVD Movie play mode (1 Viewer)

gregory.b

Auditioning
I often pop in a DVD movie for my guest or kids when entertaining. The DVD plays through movie trailers and or preview soundtracks. Once that is done I have to push the play button again because it stops at the menu where you have several choices (ex Setup, Play, Director comments).

Is there a way to eliminate this and have the DVD play like the old VHS movies and play by interacting only once. I have the DVD Monster's Inc. and you have to press play three times before the actual movie starts. This happens on all of my DVD players of different brands.

Thanks!:)

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
This is controlled by the software, there's nothing you can do about it. Some older releases do start with the movie, just like VHS.

Sometimes hitting the menu button on the remote during the trailers and such will take you straight to the menu. The icon always defaults to "Play" at which point you press the "enter button on your remote if you don't want to select any menu options.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
On some titles, hitting stop, then play advances you straight to the movie but it is becoming less common to be able to get to a movie quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks