What's new

DVD menus for Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade show up @ bbfc (1 Viewer)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
INDIANA JONES & THE LAST CRUSADE - DVD MENUS Video
Feature
Classified 20 June, 2003 . Run Time 7m 38s

Widescreen, DVD additional material,
Advice for consumers
No consumer advice is available for this work

The main spoken language in this work is English.
The BBFC has placed this work in the ACTION genre(s).

When submitted to the BBFC the work had a running time of 7m 38s.

This work was passed with no cuts made.

At the time of classification Paramount Home Entertainment (UK) was the holder of the rights or the brand name for this work.

Directed by Not known Producer(s) Not known

The cast for this work includes: Not known.

This work is made up of a number of separate components.
Note that since February 2001 the BBFC has measured each component separately, but older works may not have the exact details, only a list of titles.
00:03:36:24 | INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE
00:04:00:14 | INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE - SCENE SELECTION

A film or video, together with associated trailers may exist in several versions and all versions known to the BBFC are listed below.

Category Type Date Company Run Time Cut Title
Video 20/06/2003 Paramount Home Entertainment (UK) 7m 38s No INDIANA JONES & THE LAST CRUSADE - DVD MENUS

Details are likely to be more complete and accurate for the version submitted most recently.
When a film is transferred to video the running time will be shorter by approximately 4% due to the differing number of frames per second. This does not mean that the video version has been cut or re-edited.
This entry was last updated 24/06/2003

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
I guess this means that Paramount UK have submitted at least some of the discs' materials. I wonder when we'll see the confirmed specs for the set?

Gordy

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I love these films and I've been looking out for any Indy DVD-related material just about everyday. Nothing particularly exciting, but nice to know nonetheless.;)

Maybe over the next few days they'll submit some other material. I'd like to know how long the "feature-lenghth" documentary is.

Craig: Mclaren

Second Unit
what are the chances we get the 1 minute 47 seconds of cut footage restored to Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom, phone them and tell them you want it!! :D

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Craig, I was wondering about the missing footage as well.

In fairness to the BBFC, they weren't after an outright removal of the relevant scenes in Temple of Doom - they simply wouldn't give it an appropriate age certificate without the cuts. I think it's important to remember that the US has different censorship age barriers to the UK, and this is often why the UK appears more 'repressive'. Having seen the US version, I've got to say that the BBFC had a point - the scene is small beer for adult audiences, but some kids *could* be upset (not mine though -they'd be watching it in slo-mo). I'll be interested to see whether time has changed the BBFC's view.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks