DVD Empire sent me the wrong JP DTS!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JustinT, Oct 4, 2001.

1. JustinT

JustinT Stunt Coordinator

What a bummer! I ordered the new JP DTS from DVD Empire 2 months ago because they said that they were checking each one to make sure it was the corrected copy. Well mine finally arrived today, and it was the wrong version!! What a pain. I'm just going to go grab one at Best Buy tomorrow and get a refund from DE. Just to verify, you can tell its the new version from the outside if it says (WS)(DTS), correct?
    ------------------
    My DVD's

2. GaryP

GaryP Second Unit

Justin,
    The only definitive way to tell which pressing you have is to look at the inner rim of the disc and make sure it has the code D2R2 printed on it. The first pressing reads D2R1 in the inner ring. You can also toss it in a computer and take a look at the file dates, but the inner rim is the easiest trick. Basing your purchase on the labeling is still somewhat of a crap shoot.
    Gary
    [Edited last by GaryP on October 04, 2001 at 07:59 PM]

3. Rob Robinson

Rob Robinson Second Unit

CRAP!!!!!
    Columbia House sent me the wrong JP!
    I just got it, and I kept thing the bass was not right, but figured oh well. Now I see that I got one of the bad ones (recently) [​IMG]
    I wonder who would be worse to deal with: CH or Universal...

4. Ash Williams

Ash Williams Second Unit

5. Daniel Schenk

Daniel Schenk Stunt Coordinator

DVD Empire sent me the correct version of JP DTS.I`m not sure if they check each and every copy since it still was sealed when i received it. However my copy has the D2R2 code.