What's new

DUKES SEASON 2: Bonus preview clips! (1 Viewer)

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Well Guys I'm getting through this set but one thing I noticed is they kept the continuity errors IE Daisy's car and jeep appearing when they shouldn't. I guess it isn't too bad but I just htought they would have corrected that. The 2 episodes I'm referring to are Duke Of Duke and The Runaway they seemed to be reversed.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I prefer it that way.. I want the episodes exactly as they originally aired. As I'm sure many others do..
Here's to hoping that Warner releases ALL 7 seasons. Even the Coy & Vance years!!

:D

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Yeah thats true it was just a bit strange as I forgot about that flub. Also it was strange seeing Cooter not around for a few episodes (during his dispute) same goes for Roscoe.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Rosco is missing from most of Season 2 because of James Best's dispute with the producers about his dressing room; Sonny Shroyer had appendicitis and missed a few episodes; Ben Jones walked off because the producers wanted his character to be unshaven (or something). Whew!

My favorite episode is the last-season ep when Luke drinks the contaminated pond water and becomes a jerk (even insulting Enos and Uncle Jesse!), followed by the one when Boss Hogg thinks Luke and Bo drowned in the pond, and the Carnival of Thrills.

What's the one when Daisy gets into bed with Boss Hogg?

MarkDukes

Stunt Coordinator
Well, Rosco (James Best) is not absent from most of season 2 episodes, just these:

Arrest Jesse Duke
Treasure of Hazzard
Officer Daisy Duke
Jude Emery
Return of the Ridge Raiders

Season 2 was a strong season, and even the episodes without Rosco were good...especially Return of the Ridge Raiders and Officer Daisy Duke, where Catherine Bach (Daisy) and Sonny Shroyer (Enos) really help carry that particular show.

By the way, the picture quality for Season 2 is out of this world...crisp and clear...and the soundtrack is very distinct.

An all around EXCELLENT presentation by Warner...bring on Season 3 fast!

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Yeah I'm about to start disc 4 now. The presentation is really good. I hope we don't have to wait 6 months for Season 3.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Well I just finsihed watching everything. Come on Season 3 :)

Anyways for the people that haven't found the easter egg yet here is how you get it:

Disc 4 side B
Go to Extra Menu
Go to the second screen (The one with Bo in the racing suit)
Click down until you get to the "Music and Memories" entry highlighted and press right and Bo's patch on the suit should be highlighted then press enter.

MarkDukes

Stunt Coordinator
I just can't wait for Season 3! The show really hit its stride during Season 3.

If Warner is listening, I would really like to see some cast commentary for Season 3. For instance, Sonny Shroyer should provide commentary on the episode "Enos Strate to the Top", which is where his character leaves Hazzard for Los Angeles. It would be great to hear him comment on his days as the star of the "Enos" show.

I would LOVE to have John Schneider, Tom Wopat and Catherine Bach commentate on "Carnival of Thrills"!

And I could listen to James Best do commentary on any one of the third season episodes...he's always very entertaining.

I'm also hoping on some sort of documentary on the show...maybe showing backstage footage, outtakes and cast parties, things like that. I hope that stuff exists...the characters are almost a part of the family after all these years and I'm highly interested in seeing what is in the vaults. Anybody know of an email address for Warner to provide such suggestions?

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I love to see bloopers... I bet ya James Best has alot of them ...he cracks me up :)

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I would also love to see bloopers, especially those involving car scenes where the Gereral "didn't quite make the jump.."
Also, anyone out there be interested in getting the "Enos" show on DVD? Maybe we could communicate to Warner that we would like to see the series as a special pakage deal.
Tieing it in with season 3 would be nice, as that is the year when it happened..

MarkDukes

Stunt Coordinator
I would like to see a couple of episodes of ENOS...perhaps a "Best of..." added as a bonus feature to the 3rd Season. I'm not sure they would have room for it. I'd like to see this as a separate DVD set, but I'm not sure it will happen. This year is the year it could happen though, with the feature film coming out this summer and all the attention the DUKES franchise will be getting.

Warner---put Season 3 out soon, please. I hope we can have Season 4 by the end of the year, as well.

MarkDukes

Stunt Coordinator
There is some talk on a DUKES website from a reliable source that Season 3 is due this summer, and that John Schneider, Cathy Bach AND Tom Wopat are included in the bonus features. Let us hope they do commentary for "Carnival of Thrills"!!!

No confirmation from Warner, but I thought it was worth passing it along for what it is...

Also, a new special with new interviews with the cast has been filmed and will air later this month on CMT, when the DUKES start airing on that channel daily. The special will precede a weekend marathon airing of the show.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Sounds great hopefully its true Wopat will finally be involved and hopefully that CMT special will be included on the set. Do we dare hope for Season 4 before the end of the year?

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
Why were there replacement Dukes in Season 5? Was there a contract dispute or something with John Schneider and Tom Wopat?

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
Never mind. I went to imdb and read the trivia. Looks like the ratings didn't change much with replacement brothers, and they came back without an argument. LOL

MarkDukes

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, that information is only half right. The ratings for the show dropped drastically when John Schneider and Tom Wopat left temporarily in late 1982/early 1983, though the show still managed to win its timeslot on Friday night (just as it did every year it was on the air).

A settlement was later reached, as Warner said there was indeed a discrepancy with the merchandise royalties in favor of Schneider and Wopat, and they later returned. Their two replacements, Byron Cherry and Christopher Mayer, quickly exited.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks