What's new

Dukes of Hazzard S4 - has anyone got theirs already shipped from Amazon? (1 Viewer)

Carlo S

Stunt Coordinator
JUst wondering to those that already have this on pre-order from Amazon, has it already shipped?

Usually my pre-orders ship in about 1 week before an item is actually released.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

Really? I mainly order from Amazon, and pre-orders generally ship the Monday before they are released.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I'd be interested to know how much bigger this set is gonna be compared to the other 3 sets since they are using single-sided discs.

Joe:C

Second Unit
Its most likely going to have those overlapping disc hubs that WB has been using lately. So it should be about the same width as the previous sets.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Thats good to know it'll look real nice on the shelf next to the other sets.

MarkDukes

Stunt Coordinator
Just picked up Season 4...nine discs...no more duals!

What can I say, the packaging on this set is awesome, as usual. I just continue to be blown away. The DUKES sets are by far the best packaged TV on DVD I own. This set also features a different cast member and the General Lee each on a disc. Nice touch!

The commentary by Schneider, Wopat and Bach on "Double Dukes" is hillarious! I laughed along with them. But man, wasn't Wopat a little rough on the Coy and Vance characters in the featurette and in the episode commentary? Notice nobody being interviewed even mentioned their real names??!?!

Another excellent release...the colors are so vivid on it. Highly recommended.

Any news on Season 5?

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I haven't gotten this yet but I will get to the store tomorrow. Thats great news about the set can't wait to hear Tom talk about them :p

Hopefully season 5 will be here before the years out.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Wow, that is one thick monstrosity. I couldn't believe it when I saw it on the store shelf. Well, it's good to see Boss on the cover. The shot they found is really nice. Tom slamming the replacements makes me even more curious about season five. I seriously doubt they'll have Cherry and Mayer in to talk about it, but I hope they don't have the rest of the cast knocking them all over the set. They probably won't.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I just picked it up and yes it does look big but a part of me is glad its on single sided discs and there was no price increase.

Bring on Season 5 :)

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I don't mind the over-lapping too much since they are single-sided. I just had to rearrange them so I could take them out in order without removing 2 discs at a time to get to a certain disc.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Does anyone know exactly where the car chases were filmed after the show moved to California? And, is the Hazzard city set still up somewhere? Using Google Earth, I was able to find the Warner Brothers studios in Burbank, but there didn't seem to be any property in the immediate area that could have been used for the country scenes.

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
How are the episodes, etc., spread out over the nine discs? Also, how thick is it in comparison to an ordinary DVD case (if Season 3 equaled two standard cases, then Season 4 takes up...).

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I'm really enjoying this set as has been mentioned the quality of the video is great. I'm at episode 15 now, I should finish the set by mid-week I hope, then it's on to Greatest American Hero: Season 3 :)

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I heard that there will be a Dukes reunion on Smallville next season when Tom Wopat guest stars as Johnathan Kent's childhood buddy.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I finished it last night awesome set. I'm even looking forward to Season 5 if for nothing else Booke & Best, they were great together.

*Hopes Season 5 comes before end of the year*

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks