What's new

Dukes of Hazzard fans...a nice surprise for the holiday season (1 Viewer)

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
those last two films with Jessica Simpson and whomever that other girl was in the other film were absolutely dreadful.

I had a hard time imagining Burt Reynolds as Boss Hogg.

To me, Sorell Brooke will always be Boss Hogg.

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
On the same day (November 14, 2017), the individual Dukes of Hazzard season sets are also being re-released.

Recently updated amazon info for these upcoming re-released seasons sets, where the disc counts are:

season 1 = 3 discs
season 2 = 5 discs
season 3 = 5 discs
season 4 = 6 discs
season 5 = 5 discs
season 6 = 5 discs
season 7 = 4 discs

If these disc counts are accurate, it may suggest they might be reauthored to have 4 or 5 episodes per single-sided disc. If this upcoming Dukes complete series sets consists of newly manufactured discs, then they might possibly have these newer versions.

Let's also hope they used newer hd transfers for these re-released season sets.

Might consider some upgrading if these do prove to be single sided discs to get rid of the flipper seasons that I have. Of course, as others have mentioned, a blu-ray release would also be a welcome addition.

A bit strange that they are including the feature film & dtv release that did not feature the original cast while excluding the actual 2 tv reunion films that did include them.

jeremy223

Agent
Real Name
jeremy
As I thought, the original picture posted is of the Canadian set released 2 years ago. No way was the flag going to be on the box. Here is the correct picture of the set being released tomorrow. Interesting that Amazon lists it as a 40 disc set but the single season sets only add up to 33 discs. If anyone picks this up tomorrow, please let us know the correct disc count. I'm glad those 2 remake movies weren't included. The confusion over the disc count makes me wonder if these are re-authored discs or not. At least the season sets say they are the original aspect ratio so they won't be cropped to appear widescreen.
s-l500.jpg

Last edited:

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
But it appears the flag IS on the box.

Edit: Ok you're talking about the top of the box. It's still shown in the picture though. Don't see what that accomplished.

jeremy223

Agent
Real Name
jeremy
Got my set today and I can confirm all the seasons are now on single sided discs. The episodes are unfortunately the same transfers as the previous releases. There are 4-5 episodes per disc, but they still look good. The discs are not stacked like they were in the 2015 release. Aside from being the same old transfers, my only complaint is that there are no disc contents listed in the booklet or on the disc labels. The only way to know what is on a disc is to play it.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Thanks for the confirmation that they're indeed single-sided discs.

I saw this set today at the local Wallyworld, but haven't purchased it yet.

I might purchase this set if I see it at Costco later this week, or next month.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
my only complaint is that there are no disc contents listed in the booklet or on the disc labels. The only way to know what is on a disc is to play it.

? What? That is inexcusable. In order to find a specific episode you have to do play detective, and shuffle through disc after disc Until you find it? Are there episode titles / air dates anywhere in the set?

jeremy223

Agent
Real Name
jeremy
? What? That is inexcusable. In order to find a specific episode you have to do play detective, and shuffle through disc after disc Until you find it? Are there episode titles / air dates anywhere in the set?

The booklets have a list of the episodes and their air dates, but don't say what disc the episodes or the extras are on. I think these are the same booklets that came with the 2015 releases. Since the discs have been re-authored, they have removed the Disc 1 Side A/Side B headings from the episode listings but did not update the text with the new disc numbers. Since the number of episodes per disc is different from previous releases, they would have to completely re-do the layout of their booklets for it to look correct. But no, that's too much trouble so they just left the disc number area blank. Very cheap move on their part. But remember, this is the same company that a few years ago re-released season 1 on single sided discs, but did not change the menus that said there were episodes on the other side.

Last edited:

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Guys, if that's the case, then to me, that collection would be awful an d worthless as the two movies I was talking about were the ones that starred the original cast members and not those two knockoff films that came thereafter.

Sure the modern films were terrible but worthless? I mean, you're getting the entire TV series, which is ostensibly why someone would want to buy this in the first place. The reunion movies would be nice and it's strange that they're not included, but I have yet to see a TV reunion film that was an absolute classic. I mean, Return to Mayberry came close but even it had its problems. As a kid who grew up wishing he had a General Lee, I'm just glad that the Dukes are still being released.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Sure the modern films were terrible but worthless? I mean, you're getting the entire TV series, which is ostensibly why someone would want to buy this in the first place. The reunion movies would be nice and it's strange that they're not included, but I have yet to see a TV reunion film that was an absolute classic. I mean, Return to Mayberry came close but even it had its problems. As a kid who grew up wishing he had a General Lee, I'm just glad that the Dukes are still being released.

I don't know about being worthless, but Cooter (Ben Jones) himself said that the first modern Dukes film was not a Dukes film in spirit. That was enough for me to stay away.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
The booklets have a list of the episodes and their air dates, but don't say what disc the episodes or the extras are on. I think these are the same booklets that came with the 2015 releases. Since the discs have been re-authored, they have removed the Disc 1 Side A/Side B headings from the episode listings but did not update the text with the new disc numbers. Since the number of episodes per disc is different from previous releases, they would have to completely re-do the layout of their booklets for it to look correct. But no, that's too much trouble so they just left the disc number area blank. Very cheap move on their part. But remember, this is the same company that a few years ago re-released season 1 on single sided discs, but did not change the menus that said there were episodes on the other side.

Yeah, that's a nightmare.

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of the show as a lot of us are but it just seemed strange that the two original reunion films weren't included in this newest set but the two latter ones were and yes, those films had their issues as well, especially the disappointing ending of Enos not marrying Daisy and such but the two newest re-incarnations/films of the series were just outright and plain bad in scopee.

Now the one saving grace of those later films was Willie Nelson did make for a good Uncle Jesse but the rest of the cast and plot were just downright terrible.

jeremy223

Agent
Real Name
jeremy
There are no movies included in this newest set, only the 7 seasons of the show. This thread began with the image of the 2015 Canadian release that had those movies included. I posted the correct image of the new set a few posts above.

leedavies000

Auditioning
Real Name
Lee
Got my set today and I can confirm all the seasons are now on single sided discs. The episodes are unfortunately the same transfers as the previous releases. There are 4-5 episodes per disc, but they still look good. The discs are not stacked like they were in the 2015 release. Aside from being the same old transfers, my only complaint is that there are no disc contents listed in the booklet or on the disc labels. The only way to know what is on a disc is to play it.

no not exactly same transfers - these are the remastered for HD versions & look at space each disc carries, when 1st released disc 1 for example had 6.60 gb space, now 5 eps on disc 1 has 8.1 gb = so more compressed garbage by WB

jeremy223

Agent
Real Name
jeremy
These are not the remastered versions. I still have the previous DVDs and they are the same transfers.

I checked the first discs of each season and they all only have 4 episodes. Do you have the 2017 set? I don't know of any release where the first disc had 5 episodes on it.

Last edited:

albert_m2

Second Unit
Real Name
Albert
I would be interested in getting this for a good price. It's not a must have that I would be a lot for. I'm glad that they are single sided discs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks