What's new

Dukes of Hazzard fans...a nice surprise for the holiday season (1 Viewer)

albert_m2

Second Unit
Real Name
Albert
So Wal Mart has the re-released first 3 seasons as a package for $30. I picked it up since it was $10 a season. Are the later seasons worth seeking out?

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
So Wal Mart has the re-released first 3 seasons as a package for $30. I picked it up since it was $10 a season. Are the later seasons worth seeking out?

Season 4 is good, and I actually like Season 5 with the replacement cousins (Vance and Coy). Most people hate those guys but I thought they were pretty good even if they weren't Bo and Luke.

I don't remember much about Season 6 but I know by Season 7 they were using miniatures for the General Lee doing jumps. Also, they had great episodes like UFOs and a Robot if I remember correctly. That's the worst season in my opinion.

albert_m2

Second Unit
Real Name
Albert
Season 4 is good, and I actually like Season 5 with the replacement cousins (Vance and Coy). Most people hate those guys but I thought they were pretty good even if they weren't Bo and Luke.

Oh yeah, Vance and Coy. I do remember that as a kid. Was the switch for the entirety of the season?

jeremy223

Agent
Real Name
jeremy
Pay/likeness use dispute...which was resolved and they joined later in the season

They come back for the last 4 episodes of the season. They took over doing the voice work on the animated series as well. Coy and Vance voiced season 1 and Bo and Luke voiced season 2.

jeremy223

Agent
Real Name
jeremy

Does episode one of season one have an audio commentary? It was removed on the complete series set.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)

I don't remember much about Season 6 but I know by Season 7 they were using miniatures for the General Lee doing jumps. Also, they had great episodes like UFOs and a Robot if I remember correctly. That's the worst season in my opinion.
Coy and Vance really tended to grown on me when I was a kid to a point I wouldn't have cared if Bo and Luke came back. I remember like it was yesterday sitting in the doctor's office with my mother. She read an article to me that they had reached an agreement with Bo and Luke to come back, but that Coy and Vance would remain on the show as well. I was actually disappointed they didn't. I felt it would've been a nice touch to have at least included a passing mention of Coy and Vance in the reunion movies.

They come back for the last 4 episodes of the season. They took over doing the voice work on the animated series as well. Coy and Vance voiced season 1 and Bo and Luke voiced season 2.
I was thinking that Bo and Luke stayed gone the entire season for some reason.

jeremy223

Agent
Real Name
jeremy
Coy and Vance really tended to grown on me when I was a kid to a point I wouldn't have cared if Bo and Luke came back. I remember like it was yesterday sitting in the doctor's office with my mother. She read an article to me that they had reached an agreement with Bo and Luke to come back, but that Coy and Vance would remain on the show as well. I was actually disappointed they didn't. I felt it would've been a nice touch to have at least included a passing mention of Coy and Vance in the reunion movies.

I was thinking that Bo and Luke stayed gone the entire season for some reason.

The episode where Bo and Luke came back first aired on my birthday Feb. 25, 1983. I was 9 years old. I remember thinking it was a nice present.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Oh yeah, Vance and Coy. I do remember that as a kid. Was the switch for the entirety of the season?

Bo and Luke are in the first episode, and then they return again towards the end of the season. I still think it would have been better in the long run to have Vance and Coy make some guest appearances in later seasons rather than just being whisked away. I think it would have made an interesting episode if Bo and Luke got in a tough situation and phone in reinforcements (Vance and Coy).

jeremy223

Agent
Real Name
jeremy
Bo and Luke are in the first episode, and then they return again towards the end of the season. I still think it would have been better in the long run to have Vance and Coy make some guest appearances in later seasons rather than just being whisked away. I think it would have made an interesting episode if Bo and Luke got in a tough situation and phone in reinforcements (Vance and Coy).

Bo and Luke are not seen in the first episode. We see the General driving off and are told that Bo and Luke are leaving and the family are taking them to the airport. Bo and Luke's doubles are in the car, not John and Tom.

Last edited:

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Bo and Luke are not seen in the first episode. We see the General driving off and are told that Bo and Luke are leaving and the family are taking them to the airport. Bo and Luke's doubles are in the car, not John and Tom.
And enter Coy and Vance out of the blue!

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Oh okay, it’s been awhile. For some reason I thought they talked to Uncle Jesse about joining the nascar circuit before leaving. Which was a clear violation of their probation. Haha

albert_m2

Second Unit
Real Name
Albert
Does episode one of season one have an audio commentary? It was removed on the complete series set.

I haven't had a chance to put in a disc yet. I will try to watch the first episode soon and let you know.

jeremy223

Agent
Real Name
jeremy
Oh okay, it’s been awhile. For some reason I thought they talked to Uncle Jesse about joining the nascar circuit before leaving. Which was a clear violation of their probation. Haha

Oh yeah, I forgot about their probation. There was a two part episode in season 6, Undercover Dukes, where Bo and Luke go undercover posing as Nascar drivers. They can't reveal they are undercover, so they have to make Jesse and Daisy think they are really joining Nascar again.

albert_m2

Second Unit
Real Name
Albert

It does not. The menu looks look like the new Hanna Barbara ones - an image on the left and a text to play all an the individual titles. The text, BTW and the sparse nature of the menu screen looks like it could have been done on some basic computer program that one uses for their home movies. At least they are single sided discs.

jeremy223

Agent
Real Name
jeremy
It does not. The menu looks look like the new Hanna Barbara ones - an image on the left and a text to play all an the individual titles. The text, BTW and the sparse nature of the menu screen looks like it could have been done on some basic computer program that one uses for their home movies. At least they are single sided discs.

Thanks for checking. If the disc labels are black and silver, it sounds like these are the same discs as in the complete series set. I think the commentary for "In This Corner Luke Duke" is gone on season 3 as well, I haven't had time to check. I wonder why they removed them when the other extras are there.

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
I think the commentary for "In This Corner Luke Duke" is gone on season 3 as well, I haven't had time to check. I wonder why they removed them when the other extras are there.
Weren't those in "Dukes Vision"? an on camera picture in picture commentary? Could be a lack of space on the single sided discs for two files for those episodes.
91LXGqRdD3L._SL1500_.jpg

jeremy223

Agent
Real Name
jeremy
Weren't those in "Dukes Vision"? an on camera picture in picture commentary? Could be a lack of space on the single sided discs for two files for those episodes.
91LXGqRdD3L._SL1500_.jpg

"One Armed Bandits" was an audio only commentary. Plenty of room on the disc for that. "In This Corner Luke Duke" was DukesVision. DukesVision is where you could watch the actors picture in picture as they give their commentary. The episode was on the DVD twice. You could watch the DukesVision version, or you could watch the episode with audio only commentary. There was at least one difference between the commentaries. John or Tom tell a story about them taking off from the farm in the General Lee and the spinning wheels were kicking out rocks and hurting or killing nearby chickens . It was cut from DukesVision, but you could hear it on the audio only commentary. Aside from that, I think they were the same.

Last edited:

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Amazon Video has Dukes, and Chips.....in glorious HD.

i keep telling myself that for now streaming is a better option to watch many classic TV shows, but it won't last forever.

That is when my SD DVD sets prevail.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks