What's new

DTS Waterworld question (1 Viewer)

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
For those that have heard the DD version and the DTS Version, is there that much difference? I have the DD and can exchange for the DTS, but want to know if it's worth it. TIA...
Matt

Luis A

Second Unit
Go with the DTS version with out a doubt.With all the great DTS dvds out there,this is still great demo material.
L

Ash Williams

Second Unit
It is well worth it in my opinion. Nether mix contains a LFE track, so the bass is lacking either way. I think the channel separation is much better on the dts track. Another thing to consider is that the dts mix is Full Bit-Rate as is the Dolby Digital mix, but in early duel Universal releases that gave you a choice between the to(Apollo 13,The Shadow,Waterworld etc.) I thought dts always sounded better. As far as picture quality goes, there both about the same.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I felt the dts version to have a betetr bass presence especially later on in the film, compared to the DD version.
orangeman
------------------
Link Removed

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
Thanks for the replies! One last question, since picture quality was touched on - does the DTS have the theatrical trailer? I'm a trailer freak and must have them. Imagine my horror on release day as I searched the entire Matrix disc, back in '99!!!!
If it has one, I guess I'll swap. Thanks for all of your help.
Matt

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
no trailer.
Regarding The Matrix, does the upcoming extras disk have the trailer on it?
------------------
Link Removed
[Edited last by Neil Joseph on September 17, 2001 at 09:24 AM]

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
Neil,
From what I've seen at the bits and other sites, again we are screwed! I'm not completely happy with the Total Movie disc version, either. Thanks for your reply, though :)
Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks