What's new

DTS Problem with a TOSLink and Kenwood VR-509 (1 Viewer)

Christian_E

Auditioning
I have a Kenwood VR-509 Receiver and a Panasonic RP56 DVD PLayer. DTS doesn't work when using any of the optical inputs. The problem is that the DVD only has optical out. I tested DTS with the COAX with another DVD player and it detects the DTS signal just fine. I am not sure if there is a problem with the DVD's Optical out ( Dolby Digital works fine) or the receivers TOSLink inputs. The lack of a COAX out makes it diffucult to figure it out. I am wondering where the problem would most likely lie or maybe i have something misconfigured ( i don't think so). any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

Christian

Christian_E

Auditioning
ummm yeah sure i did you think i don't know what i am doing ;) haha of course i didn't. Thanks a lot. That took all of 3 secs to solve =] Why would DTS be disabled by default? seems rather strange.
Christian

EricHaas

Supporting Actor
What are your impressions of that receiver? I am seriously considering the VR-510 at the moment. Can't beat the feature set for $399 plus $25 shipping. PL2, THX cert, 110x5, pre-outs. But I am reticant because Kenwood is not the best name in electronics. Also I checked it out and the build quality is so-so. But maybe I am being too superficial.

Christian_E

Auditioning
so far for the price its quite nice. featurewise its great and the remote is very good for a receiver in this range.

Christian

Michael Silla

Second Unit
Eric:

I have the VR-407 for a little over a year now and it has been a solid performer for me. I wouldn't hesitate at all. In fact my next receiver will probably be a Kenwood.

Michael.

(Saving up for a real TV and DVD player.....)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks