What's new

DTS/DD 5.1 problem with Kenwood VR-409 (1 Viewer)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I just got a new audio reciever, a Kenwood VR-409 with Dolby Digital and DTS.
My problem is that my Toshiba SD-1600 DVD player only has 2 types of audio outputs: RCA composite (L & R) and PCM/Bitstream.
How do I hook it up so that it'll output 5.1 DD/DTS sound? I'm waiting to try out my new Cast Away and Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind DVD's...
------------------
P.S.: There's no P.S.

ThucN

Agent
My problem is that my Toshiba SD-1600 DVD player only has 2 types of audio outputs: RCA composite (L & R) and PCM/Bitstream.
Hook the "PCM/Bitstream" output to a digital input on the Kenwood. The PCM/Bitstream output sends the digital audio data to the receiver, which the receiver then converts to analog to send to the speakers (or pre-amp out).
You'll just have to configure your Kenwood to use the Digital mode for the input that you connect the PCM/Bitstream cable to.
------------------
TqN

Tom Morgan

Stunt Coordinator
You will have to set the Tosh for bitstream to get the DTS!
------------------
Image9.gif

Tom&Amy's DVD's

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Thanks for the help...it turned out that my front speakers were in wrong outlets and the wrong setting for sound.
blush.gif

I'm watching various discs for sampling (Superman, T-2: UE, Fantasia, etc) and the sound is GREAT!
I feel sorry for those who still believe that Pro-Logic is better than DD 5.1/DTS 5.1
Pity them.
patriot.gif

------------------
P.S.: There's no P.S.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks