What's new

DS vs. PSP Which will you buy? (1 Viewer)

Rusty Ray

Second Unit
EbGames has the DS listed for preorder at $199... cant find anything about the psp, though the games for both are showing up at $50...

Shawn C

Screenwriter
No thanks on the DS. The two screens thingy is a gimmick and will be underutilized by most developers. Most will probably use it for maps or showing scores / stats to de-clutter the main screen.

Maybe it's just me. I don't want a gimmicky portable gaming device. I want something that plays GAMES and does it well. When you start adding all this other crap, something has to suffer. If you use your DS as a PDA and it breaks, you are screwed out of TWO devices.

The DS is pretty ugly and looks like something from the 80's The PSP is dead sexy.

Oh, and Nintendo royally pissed me off when the original GameBoy Advance wasn't backlit. How the hell are you supposed to play this on an airplane?! I got a headache trying to play it. I was returned the next day.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
While I doubt you can use it as a PDA, it should be noted that the PSP plays MP3s, movies, games, and should have other functions that Sony plans to create (like a GPS system). So its one gaming device (DS) vs. a more expensive multimedia device (PSP).

As of right now, rumor has the DS at $179 and the PSP above $200.

Rodrick

Second Unit
As a fan of portable game systems. My first was a Milton Bradley portable gamesystem. It was weird cause the control and screen would come with each game for the system you'd buy.

Also owned Sega's Nomad, Atari's Lynx, Turboexpress, and all 5 gameboys.

Now Im down to just the original Gameboy, the sp, Lynx and Turbo systems but games were sold. And the Nomad I owned only 2 genesis games, my friends gave me all their collections of games.

Im gonna come down to buying the PSP, because my Nomad it never sold a screen cover, and still I play it. Even though the power of 6 batts it would be worth while to play a great system. Same with Lynx and Express.
The DS is good if you like Nintendo based games, I don't like those Pda or Palm's I don't have any gameboy games left since I sold them had 5 advance and 30 gameboy. Just keeping the atari and express as collectors, I still have the boxes and adapters for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks