What's new

Drafting Type Table (1 Viewer)

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
I'm in the market for a sort of drafting table. I don't actually do drafting but it's for school. I'm an art student and I need a general desk that tilts I can use to do various work on: Cutouts, drawing, lightbox work, etc.

This one is a good example of what I am looking for
http://www.draftingequipment.com/DEW.../alvin_opl.htm

but hoping to maybe not pay much more than $80 for it. It can't be any wider than 35, maybe 36 inches and I want one that the tob can be tilted or have a slight angle. If anyone knows of a good website with what I'm looking for, please point me to it.

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
Yeah I was gonna get that one at Staples till I realized it was too wide. I do have a Michael's near me, but the other day when I was there I couldn't find anything as far as a drafting table.

GARY C

Second Unit
Adam,

These guys seem to be in your area.

http://csdsinc.com/

You may run into some trouble finding something that is less then 36" wide as most drafting tables are made to accommodate 24"x36" sheets of paper.

I'm not sure about art tables and if you look under the link for Mayline Group (drafting equipment & supplies -> drafting and drawing tables -> Mayline Group -> art tables) they seem to make some that might be smaller than a drafting table.

You would have to call them for pricing anyways, so best bet might be to give them a call and see what sizes they have.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I have a similar table to the one in your first thread. The fold up feature is nice because I don't really use it that often and I can stick it in my storage room. I got mine as a gift years ago. Most art/office supply places should stock 'em.

And I managed to get my hands on an old Vemco drafting arm:

I got it from my wife's old employer who was moving to computer aided drafting from the old pencil/paper stuff and was giving these things away. I see now I got a sweet deal as they're pretty expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks