What's new

"Dr. Katz" animated series, on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
This was a great animated joke-fest from Comedy Central a few years back. I wonder, has anyone seen or heard anything about episodes of this series coming out on DVD? I'd love to get all the seaons (maybe there were three?) on one DVD. How about you? Any help is appreciated.
MC
------------------
[email protected]
Eliza Dushku, if you're reading this, please email me pronto.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Micah-
I would love these as well, but
the demand for such a product,
as noted by the lack of response
here is...well...low.
Mark
[Edited last by Mark Walker on August 28, 2001 at 12:13 PM]

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Along with "Strangers with Candy", this was the funniest series ever run on Comedy Central.
Fortunately, I've got 3 discs worth of VHS dubs!
This was the last show that could literally make me laugh so hard that it hurt. Some of those early sessions with Dom Irrera and Ray Romano are classics in my household. And Ben, poor Ben, the most lovable loser in modern television programming. The "Bully Episode" is such a classic.
Here's to you, "Dr. Cats"!
------------------
"Only one is a wanderer; two together are always going somewhere."
ver.gif

Link Removed
Al's Criterion Collection

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
I thought I was alone here. Now I don't feel so lonely.
I really miss him, Dr. Katz. And those early Dom Irera episodes are totally hilarious -- "In a norse Viking kind of way."
I, too, have bad VHS dubs of them. Can we start a petition? (We seem to be big on petitions.)
Thanks for the responses in my cheesy attempt to keep this thread alive.
MC
------------------
[email protected]

Sean Aaron

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Aaron
I would also pick these up...since I'm moving to the UK and a lot of American tv seems to be coming out on DVD that isn't making it to the states (A-Team among others), I'm hopeful some local outfit will issue it if Warner (or whoever own it in the US) won't.
------------------
--
Sean Aaron
UNIX System Administrator
UCOP

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor
"That's how they get ya. I don't know much, but I know--that's how they get ya."
I must've watched the manatee/sea-cow episode a bajillion times. Oh to have this on DVD...

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
That's so funny, how this stuff follows you around your whole life. Since then, my friends and I always say, "That's how they getcha!"
We also say, "What's this protuberance, doc?" but that's another story.
Look, Comedy Central: We want Dr. Katz on DVD!
------------------
[email protected]

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
aahh...these would be GREAT on dvd, as would Strangers With Candy.
Didn't Dr. Katz originally air on HBO and was simply re-run by comedy central? I wonder if the ownership rights to the series are held up in the same mess that Mr. Show is....
and i wonder why Comedy Central doesn't show reruns anymore, not even late at night. I guess it's the same reasoning that caused them to cancel Strangers With Candy....

PeterF

Auditioning
Did someone say Dr. Katz ? I love Dr. Katz, i thought that i was the only one. There are 3 VHS tapes out by RHINO Video, but no DVD. There are two sites you can go to for episode guides, Link Removed & www.sassman.com/katz/ Long Live one of the best ANIMATED shows in along time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks