What's new

Doom (1 Viewer)

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
It was insulting to modern gaming AI.
I hope it was cause modern A.I. still sucks ass. I agree on the lameness of the monsters pretty much popping out like a carnival shoot-em-up.

*sigh*

So much time making this hunk of junk. I want my money and time back.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Well, as far as cinematrography goes I'd agree. But I hated how it played out like a children's shooting gallery. The monsters just popped out one after another and waited to be shot. It was insulting to modern gaming AI. They could have at least pretended like they were going to attack.

Huh? I saw plenty of 'em prepping to attack, like the one with the ax.

Anyway, while "Doom" didn't exactly break new cinematic ground, I enjoyed it for what it was, a brainless action/horror flick. I was surprised they turned The Rock into the villain at the end but was disappointed they didn't go the demons-from-hell route.

It topped the box office this weekend so maybe the sequel will offer more to the hard core fans.

James T

Screenwriter
Regarding the Rock...I kinda expected something along those lines. He said in an interview that his character was a lot more interesting than Karl's Reaper character. And it's true. Reaper is just your standard reluntant hero.

The movie was okay. Nothing special, and I also didn't feel I wasted my money.

It topped the box office this weekend so maybe the sequel will offer more to the hard core fans.
I believe it cost between 60-70 million dollars, so unless things pick up for Halloween weekend, a sequel will seem unlikely. Too bad, as there is plenty to explore and a whole lotta different directions that it can go to.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I believe it cost between 60-70 million dollars, so unless things pick up for Halloween weekend, a sequel will seem unlikely. Too bad, as there is plenty to explore and a whole lotta different directions that it can go to.

DVD sales can go a long way in convincing a studio to make a sequel.

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
I saw this last night. I guess I'd say it wasn't utter garbage, but it wasn't all that good IMO. Since a few people have brought comparisons to Resident Evil, I'll say that RE at least had me feeling somewhat on the edge of my seat while Doom did not generate that anticipation/excitement. I'd probably give it a C rating, maybe a C-.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks