What's new

don't miss out on these upcoming games(x-box owners) (1 Viewer)

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
October looks to be the month for the Xbox, saw a lot off real good releases scheduled for then. Hitman 2, etc (cant remember off top of my head)

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
Enclave earned a 7.5 in Game Informer magazine. I don't have the mag in front of me right now.

I like GI's reviews. Others may not, but I do. I've agreed with them more often than not.

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor
Ouch! No other love for NCAA Football 2003 in this thread!
Well, with EA's decision to leave online play out of Madden 2003 X-Box, and their decision to remove online franchises from Madden 2003 PC, EA won't be getting any money from me this year. All my football gaming goodness will come from Sega or MS. Too bad really... I've been a Madden fan for years (the game, not him).

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
I also can't wait for NCAA 2K3 - hopefully EB delivers ON the 22nd!!

Im also looking forward to Dead to Rights - but I'll probably wait for a review on that one.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
IMHO, the whole list of games "soon to be released for the Xbox", suck.
The only ones I've been waiting for are POW and Enclave. But, once again a rather lousy review, like Brian posted. Definitely a bummer because this game was definitely anticipated by me. When just about everyone is giving it either average or below, you can bet it's probably average or below. :frowning:
Guess I'll have to hope for POW.
To be honest, things don't really start to Link Removed until the fall season.
...pretty much that way every year. :emoji_thumbsup:

Damien

Supporting Actor
sorry, i didn't mean a multiplayer mode. I thought you already knew I meant taking turns with the controller old style.
as far as them "sucking", you may not like the genres but ncaa football 2003, aggressive inline, fatal frame, and ct3 won't suck unless you have previous versions, especially since ct3 has 3 cities. ncaa was sports game of the year by ign. Aggressive Inline is considered superior to THPS3 by some. Fatal Frame is considered better than RE/SH by some. CT is just good mindless fun. Since I don't own a PS2 I want to try out these games that weren't availible before on X-box.
i think it's bad that no one cares about Fatal Frame:thumbsdown: , the game is reminding me of Tecmo's Deception, no one cared for it, yet it was the most innovative game on the market. It's by Tecmo, a reputable company imo. It is a PS2 port so maybe you guys played it on that because it was a sleeper hit on that. One thing I hate about the industry is when games like Agent Under Fire and Wreckless sell 5x more than games like JSRF and Fatal Frame, but oh well.

Keith M.

Second Unit
I rented Fatal Frame on my PS2 and thought it was probably the worst game I have played in a long time. There is really no challenge to the game, simply walk around and take pictures to stop the ghosts. It gets VERY BORING QUICKLY!!! And the graphics are dark and grainy, reminded me of an old PS1 game...

RENT IT!!! Dont buy it, you will be disappointed...

Keith M.

Second Unit
I rented Fatal Frame on my PS2 and thought it was probably the worst game I have played in a long time. There is really no challenge to the game, simply walk around and take pictures to stop the ghosts. It gets VERY BORING QUICKLY!!! And the graphics are dark and grainy, reminded me of an old PS1 game...

RENT IT!!! Dont buy it, you will be disappointed...

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I'm curious how far you got into the game Keith? Further into the game I found some of the battles decently challenging. You had to have a good handle on how to use the camera properly to survive.

As for the dark and grainy..well, thats the point of the game. It is supposed to be dark and grainy, its used for atmosphere more than anything (very much like Silent Hill 2. If you didn't like the particular style though thats understandable.

I bought and played through Fata Frame on release and thought it was a good game. I didn't go crazy over it but it was solid as hell IMO. It just took me a bit to get used to using a camera over a gun..heh heh.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks