Don't laugh at this question!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ChrisMcK, Feb 3, 2003.

1. ChrisMcK

ChrisMcK Stunt Coordinator

I'm running new wires to my HT theater speakers [replacing the wires that came with the system] How do I connect the wires to the back of the receiver/dvd player. What is the name of the piece that I would use to connect the speaker wire to the rca connector. I know about using bannana plugs for connections to the speakers but I'm unsure on the other end. Hope I have these terms correct.

Thanks
    Chris

2. Rick_Brown

Rick_Brown Second Unit

Are you sure that you need RCA connectors for your speaker output from the receiver? Usually there are terminals for wires. If you do need RCA connection I'd advise you to go to a Radio Shack store. They should be able to advise you. It won't cost much.

3. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

4. Eujin

Eujin Supporting Actor

Chris,

Do you have one of those home theater-in-a-box things? You mention receiver/dvd player in your post. I know that some of these one-box gizmos use a non-standard RCA plug that has speaker wire leads coming out of it. If this is the case, I don't know how you could replace the speaker wires.

5. RobertCharlotte

RobertCharlotte Supporting Actor

You can buy RCA plugs that you attach to wire much like the F-connectors, banana plugs, etc., that are so popular around here.

www.markertek.com has some, but they're not cheap.